Toilet paper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG - This "internal elimination" thread has crossed several lines!

Smell, sight, cleanliness, ecological... and more!

Shower often!

Every time I see this thread's title in my email I get that queasy feeling I should run... but, not to The Head... or... the Poop Deck! :eek: - LOL :facepalm:

Happy Elimination Daze! - Art :whistling:

Like to thank my parents at this point. They grew up as children during the depression and while we as a family were by no means poor, my parents promoted frugality. Scott's single ply all my life and if you needed a more thorough clean up, the shower is in the same room. My vacuflush seems to be very happy with that. Maybe one day I will learn to appreciate the finer rolls of TP.........but I sure hope not.

Peggy, greatly appreciate your wealth of knowledge concerning the care and feeding of my head!

Ted

Last edited:
Like to thank my parents at this point. They grew up as children during the depression and while we as a family were by no means poor, my parents promoted frugality. Scott's single ply all my life and if you needed a more thorough clean up, the shower is in the same room. My vacuflush seems to be very happy with that. Maybe one day I will learn to appreciate the finer rolls of TP.........but I sure hope not.

Peggy, greatly appreciate your wealth of knowledge concerning the care and feeding of MY head!

Ted

Ted - Although I too greatly appreciate Peggy's ablutionary inputs that keep our 'heads" on straight... Must ask... what is it about underlined and single CAPS word/words in your now bolded sentence that seems a bit off balance?? - LOL :rofl:

Last edited:
I have to 'fess up to Peggy. I have recently been doing a study on the Monitor and Virginia. A detailed book about the history of the Monitor and the raising of its turret was just finished. Plus a couple of months back I spent a day visiting the Hampton Maritime Museum and its superb exhibit of telling the whole Monitor story. I was also at the the exact area that the famous battles took place.

So some cruisers install a manual head and then a VacuFlush/Macerator type toilet for normal use. I have put together a cruise kit to include seals, pumps and stuff...just in case something breaks. This way no one has to complain seeing my bright white not sun tanned rear hanging over the bow pulpit!

I have to 'fess up to Peggy. I have recently been doing a study on the Monitor and Virginia.

Ericsson was so far ahead of his time! Brunel, a Brit with the improbable first and middle names of Isambard Kingdom was another. A civil engineer/bridge builder and designer who became taken with the idea of ship building, he actually invented the ship's bridge (among other things), which was actually a bridge across the deck of of a ship. When the original need for it passed into history, the bridge had proven its additional worth as a raised command center, so the concept--and the name for it--still endures. You can read about Brunel and the three ships he designed and built here:

http://history1800s.about.com/od/steamships/ss/brunelships.htm

A more detailed biography of his life as a railroad designer is here:
Isambard Kingdom Brunel / - Design/Designer Information

And google will turn up a lot more him and his ships.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom