There are no good stove hoods!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghost

Guru
Most range hoods are rebadged RV units and complete garbage at a premium price.

I found one 12 volt unit with decent build quality and ventilation specs. It’s made by Dometic, but not sold in the US. Europe only. Apparently, they don’t want to certify for US.

I’m doing an extensive galley remodel. This unit would look good and function.

Any ideas on how I can get one?

https://www.dometic.com/en/se/produ...e-kitchen/range-hoods/dometic-ck-500-_-153275

I already tried to have a shop in U.K. send me one. They said yes, but never shipped and I’m having to go through the Amex process to reverse charges. But....even after getting burnt once, I still want what I want. I’m stubborn and don’t like to lose!

Have one made. Sheet metal/restaurant supply

Most range hoods are rebadged RV units and complete garbage at a premium price.

I found one 12 volt unit with decent build quality and ventilation specs. It’s made by Dometic, but not sold in the US. Europe only. Apparently, they don’t want to certify for US.

I’m doing an extensive galley remodel. This unit would look good and function.

Any ideas on how I can get one?

https://www.dometic.com/en/se/produ...e-kitchen/range-hoods/dometic-ck-500-_-153275

I already tried to have a shop in U.K. send me one. They said yes, but never shipped and I’m having to go through the Amex process to reverse charges. But....even after getting burnt once, I still want what I want. I’m stubborn and don’t like to lose!

Seems like the the best bet would be to find boater or RV'r in the U.K. willing to help a fellow boater out by buying locally and then shipping it to you.

Top vent, 20”, external exhaust, 12 volt is the most basic requirements. I’d rather not have to rewire for ac. Has to look nice too. So far very few meet that requirement list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom