Tecma Easyfit ECO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lgbert

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
OZ
Vessel Make
1998 Marine Trader Tradewinds
Greetings,

Is anyone familiar or has experience with product.

I have looked at Raritan Marine Elegance and Vacuflush when someone suggested I look into this.

I will be doing some plumbing work, replacing hoses ect and need new heads. Changing to a fresh water system.

Any insight, opinions, will be appreciated
Bert

We replaced 2 aging Vacu Flush heads with Tecma Easyfit heads 6 years ago. Best $ we've spent on the boat. We live aboard so the heads get a lot of use and need to be trouble free. The Tecma heads have never plugged up or malfunctioned in anyway. They are great and I swear you could flush beer cans down them.

They do require a lot of amps for a couple of seconds when flushed so we ran a larger 8 gauge wire from the panel to the heads. We do not use the tank sensors so I can't comment on that. Plumbing was straight forward, our runs are fairly short, one is 3 feet the other 6 feet from the tank.

They are not the quietest heads and they do a double flush so they may use more water than some but we love them.

We looked at the Tecma, and went with the Marine Elegance instead. It's super quiet, and eats everything effortlessly.

I've had Techma's(2) for the last eight years, I have had intermittent issues with both during that time,ranging from replacing control panels to the units running on after the cycle has finished, this on both units.This continues till the fuse trips the unit out.

When they work they are very good, but the on going issues are a pain in the proverbial.

We looked at the Tecma, and went with the Marine Elegance instead. It's super quiet, and eats everything effortlessly.

I still haven't replaced my vacuuflush. But defender has this for $450.

Are they really that good?

I still haven't replaced my vacuuflush. But defender has this for $450.

Are they really that good?

I, and more importantly, my better half thinks so!

We had old Jabsco macerator heads onboard and decided to change them out. I found a Raritan Sea Era on Craigslist, and replaced the forward head. we thought it was a perfect replacement- until we installed the Marine Elegance in the aft head.

We are replacing the Sea Era with a Marine Elegance- it's that good. The noise level is a light rumble at best- not intrusive at all. It's nice to simply push a button (1/2 or whole flush, walk away, and let the thing work its magic.

We opted for the freshwater only model. I may install the raw water solenoid down the road.....

I, and more importantly, my better half thinks so!

We had old Jabsco macerator heads onboard and decided to change them out. I found a Raritan Sea Era on Craigslist, and replaced the forward head. we thought it was a perfect replacement- until we installed the Marine Elegance in the aft head.

We are replacing the Sea Era with a Marine Elegance- it's that good. The noise level is a light rumble at best- not intrusive at all. It's nice to simply push a button (1/2 or whole flush, walk away, and let the thing work its magic.

We opted for the freshwater only model. I may install the raw water solenoid down the road.....

I like the price and your positive comments.

How's the amp draw?

The spec sheet says 18 amps. I've never looked at the meter while it was running; I can say that it passes the practical test- the lights don't dim when it's flushed like they did with the old Jabsco.

Also, the holding tank last much longer between pumpouts.

The spec sheet says 18 amps. I've never looked at the meter while it was running; I can say that it passes the practical test- the lights don't dim when it's flushed like they did with the old Jabsco.

Also, the holding tank last much longer between pumpouts.

Probably run a 8-10 ga. wire if I remember correctly.

We have the problem of our holding tank lasting the week between pump outs. We have a 40 gallon tank.

Thankfully the guy comes to us instead of us going to the pump out station.

I think the power problem of the old toilets was that they were either original equipment, or from the early 90s. The old units were wired with 10 gauge leads.

I've never had the chance to use one but I've sold several Raritan Marine Elegance toilets. Never had a complaint. One fellow replaced one of his toilets with a ME, liked it so much he replaced his other toilet with a ME as well. If I ever replace my old Groco Model K manual toilet, I'll get a Marine Elegance.

Bert, I don't think Techma is as well supported in the US as is Raritan.
Going with a fresh water flush will make a Marine Elegance very quiet and it's less expensive as you don't need to buy a supply pump. I see you're in Florida, the guys, Dale and Mac, at Raritan Ft. Lauderdale can answer any questions you might have.

I think Raritan is a first class company to deal with.

Two seasons ago we installed a Marine Elegance with fresh-water flush and have been very pleased with it. Better than the Jabsco Quiet-Flush we had on a previous boat, it is quieter and uses less water. Light-years better than the old Raritan Crown it replaced.

I have never ever heard of a problem from being to generous with wire sizes.

Except co$t.

No experience with the Tecma Ecofit but I replaced our old head with a Tecma Silence five years ago and very happy with it. Zero problems so far and flushes very powerfully. It is also very quiet but I hear the boat's fresh water pump come on every flush. Now I just need to make that pump quieter.

How does the Tecma and/or the Marine Elegance push the stuff as our holding tank is about 40 ft from the front head and about 6” higher so its also a up hill push. The Jabsco electric can push the stuff, but with the 90 degree side discharge does plug quite often. Also how wide is the throat opening as the Jabsco is quite narrow. Between the narrow throated and the 90 degree discharge it can not be over fed, so have to flush frequently.

If the weather is resonable, I would much rather use the marina restroom.

Phil my guess is you will always have trouble with blockages in the discharge line until you put a holding tank closer to the toilet. I would bet that sewage sits in that 40 foot hose between flushes. It will eventually leave enough of a deposit to restrict the discharge. You need to flush long enough to get all the sewage into the tank and just leave clean water in the hose.

Both the Jabsco and Raritan ME have similar macerator blades that chop up the solids and then use a centrifugal type pump to discharge the sewage through a 1" hose. I don't know which pump is stronger. I think your problems result from the long hose run.

Here is a link to the ME parts list.
http://www.raritaneng.com/pdf_files/Marine Elegance/L460v0610 Marine Elegance Manual.pdf

Most of the plugging is in the toilet before the macerator. After the macerator we have never had a plug. It’s the long vertical straight down throat, 1 ½”w about 6” l, and then the stuff has to turn 90 degrees into the macerators blade beater up thingy. If the throat was slanted, not vertical, like a land toilet so the stuff slides and oriented into the macerator. Toilet paper and semi solid goes down. It’s the throat that mostly get plugged before the macerator.

I thought I saw a toilet at the last boat show that the bowl and throat where more like a land toilet and the blade look like a blender type. They said it would cut/take a tampon.

The Raritan throat is huge compared to the Jabsco- it's wide enough to easily clear by hand (if needed).

Out longest run is about 18' (aft head to tank) with a slight rise to the tank opening- no problems.

Thanks for all the input. Have decided to go with the Raritan ME.
Will keep you all posted

Finished

Well, the plumbing project is done. Went with the Raritan marine elegance. Nice system. Replaced both heads and so far so good.

I think you'll be happy with the Marine Elegance.
Which model did you buy?

I got the pressurized fresh water model. Very pleased after one month of use

I got the pressurized fresh water model. Very pleased after one month of use

Thanks as we are going to replace the Jabsco and hose this summer.

Nice choice. As long as you carry enough water, you'll avoid a lot of problems. It's less expensive to buy as well. You don't need to pay for an intake pump and that's one less pump to maintain.

We installed the one with the raw water option. In the marina flush with fresh water, on the hook switch to raw water.

Bob

"We installed the one with the raw water option. In the marina flush with fresh water, on the hook switch to raw water."

That's kind of the best of both worlds. You can save fresh water when supplies are short but keep the system clean when fresh is available. If you're using the raw water option, switch to fresh once a day and give it a flush. That's almost as good at avoiding odors as flushing with fresh water all the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom