Techma Silence preventive maintenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dhays

Guru
Vessel Name
Kinship
Vessel Make
North Pacific 43
I have this toilet on Kinship and it has been working great. I'd like to keep it that way. I have been looking through the Techma manuals looking for preventive maintenance to do and have not found anything.

Does anyone have an idea? I figure a bit of white vinegar flush through would likely be a good idea periodically, but beyond that...?

Dave: apart from regular fresh water flushing, I don't think the Tecma needs any "regular mtc" (I have x2). But I'd suggest you carry a solenoid as a spare (12 or 24v depending on your system). That's the part that is most likely to fail (though only rarely I'm told) and it is easy to swap out if need be, avoiding an interrupted cruise.

Dave: apart from regular fresh water flushing, I don't think the Tecma needs any "regular mtc" (I have x2). But I'd suggest you carry a solenoid as a spare (12 or 24v depending on your system). That's the part that is most likely to fail (though only rarely I'm told) and it is easy to swap out if need be, avoiding an interrupted cruise.

Thank you. That is good to know. That is the other question I guess, what spare parts would be good to have on hand such as the solenoid? I don't have two heads (pro and cons to that) so would like to avoid unexpected failures.

th

Hey Dave,
Is the Tecma Silence pretty quiet? We have in old Jabsco quiet flush that's not quiet at all .

Hey Dave,
Is the Tecma Silence pretty quiet? We have in old Jabsco quiet flush that's not quiet at all .

I don't have any frame of reference. This is the first electric head I've ever owned. In the past all the heads have been manual, sea water flush.

However, I think it really is quiet. It is not disruptive at all when the head is flushed, even in the middle of the night.

I don't have it handy, but I think I recall Peggie Hall talking about Tecmas in her book with diagrams and the like

I don't have it handy, but I think I recall Peggie Hall talking about Tecmas in her book with diagrams and the like

I will pull out my copy and take a look. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom