T-bolt hose clamp on a seacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
ABYC: If you use a T-bolt hose clamp on a seacock, is one sufficient or does ABYC still require two?

It is my understanding that ABYC doesn't require two hose clamps. In some cases two is worse than one as the second one pulls the hose off of the barb if it is too short.

But I would use two in any case as long as the barb is long enough for them. I have never seen T-bolt hose clamps used on 2" or smaller thru hulls.

David

It is my understanding that ABYC doesn't require two hose clamps. In some cases two is worse than one as the second one pulls the hose off of the barb if it is too short.

But I would use two in any case as long as the barb is long enough for them. I have never seen T-bolt hose clamps used on 2" or smaller thru hulls.

T-Bolts are great (I've used them on an exhaust on one of my cars). However, I would be really cautious about not over tightening them. You can get a huge amount of compression with them. You don't want to crush or deform anything. Maybe I am just being over cautious though...?

Thanks guys. Caution assured. I will use one T-bolt and one regular. It’s for the black waste water plumbing discharge at sea outlet. Yes, we can do that in Canada, so long as it’s offshore.

Canadian poop doesn't smell, just ask our Little Potato!

Back
Top Bottom