Swim platform on grand banks 42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JESSEDIVER49

Vessel Name
Good Vibrations
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 42
Two questions re: Swim Platform on '84 Grand Banks 42:

1. Where to get replacement teak deck slats? (I have one closest to transom deteriorate and fall apart)

2. I'd like to upgrade ladder and platform to allow a scuba diver to exit the water onto boat. Any suggestions on sturdy telescoping ladder (mfr?) and/or design to strengthen platform? new decking material?

The slats you have made.

As to the ladder and stronger platform, I extended my platform by a few slats and that made it much more diver friendly. I used a 4 step, wide, fold down style ladder that worked fine as a dive ladder. We just took off and clipped off our rigs to lines hanging off the platform before climbing out.

Swim Platform on Grand Banks

Thanks for reply Capt Bill.
Can you tell me the ladder mfr and model?

@ shops here in Sarasota that will do the slats and or rebuild it for you let me know if you need information on them

You shouldn't have to send it out of state to get repaired, extended or even replaced. It's all pretty basic wood work. In fact it's a DIY project for anyone with some fairly basic wood working skills and tools.

If you have or can make a pattern, any cabinet shop should be capable of making a properly-shaped board.

Back
Top Bottom