Swim Platform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlamb15

Veteran Member
Has anyone replaced their swim deck? Ours is only 20" wide and wish to replace it with a 30" wide, but the list is endless of suppliers.....any suggestions?
james

What is your current units' construction. A teak strip grid can often be modified. Several people have done so, Koliver being one of them.

Other material could be widened depending upon constuction.

current is 20" wide fiberglass. quuote today af 4000 just to ad 10" to width......soooooo, im looking for other ways

I added 7 inches to my teak platform. I bought a platform that someone replaced (for $75), took all the teak strips apart, then added them to the "boat side" of the platform, one at a time, clamping glueing, and srewing them in place with the screws from the platform I took apart.
It came out good and now we can stand on the platform without feeling like we have to hold on.
To extend the brackets, I bought stainless angle iron from McMAster, and simply bolted them to the top of the existing brackets.
Not the best picture, but all the strips against the transom are the ones I added.

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpg
    IMG_0886.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 67
I want to do the same

current is 20" wide fiberglass. quuote today af 4000 just to ad 10" to width......soooooo, im looking for other ways
I want to add to my glass platform as well. I you find a solution please post. I'm in the delta myself. I may end up doing it myself if I feel I can do a professional looking job. I can see $4000 worth of time easily for a shop. It might be easier to build one up out of teak.But at the price of teak your going to out probably $1000 in material. And then your into maintenance for ever.

You could use strips of UHMW or some other kind of plastic.
No maintenance ever and it come's in UV stable colors. that's my plan.
SD

I been thinking of moving the swim platform out as our stern is slanted toward the bow, so it could be move back about 6”to 10”with no modification to the deck but would required modifying/lengthening the brackets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom