Stuck TMC electric loo - need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peter B

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Make
Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Our TMC loo installed about 11 yrs ago, has always tend to be a bit reluctant to 'buzz' if left unused for any significant period, but has always to now got a move on by filling it with some water, letting it sit a few minutes, then tapping the motor body near the macerator a few times with a rubber mallet while pressing the 'go' button.

However, she has gone longer than usual not being used lately, as she is on the market, (yes - Murphy's law at work as usual), and no matter what I do, it won't kick over. Does anyone have a bright idea re unjamming it. I have it soaking in vegetable oil as we speak, but have not been back down to try the tappin' knockin' and ringin' till it goes again trick, yet…but if that fails, what else is left..? Is there a way of grasping the macerator blades to twist them free somehow anyone has worked out. You can't get at the outer (back) end of the armature. I don't want to have to part out with new motor and macerator at this stage if I can possibly help it.

Back
Top Bottom