Stainless water tanks and sensors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
I'm heading toward augmenting/replacing my existing Computank setup with a Maretron FPM100 fluid monitor and some of their pressure transducers. I plan on using their in-tank sensor for the waste.

My plan is to use five of the six inputs to monitor the waste, two water, forward and after fuel tanks. I'm starting with just the waste tank to see how monitoring tank levels works on some new displays I've installed over this past winter. As in, will I be better served adding another display just for tanks, or use a rotating set of pages... hard to know until you've had time on the boat using them. So meanwhile it's just waste and water to start.

Anyone else using their sensors for fresh water in stainless tanks? I've got two tanks that have a connecting hose between them. It's more or less self-balancing, but filling is sometimes a bit slow as the deck fill only leads into one of them. (But that's a different subject).

Any thoughts, observations, warnings or other advice?

Last edited:
Have you ever look into the wema, stainless steel sending units? Several tanks on one level gauge. Via a Switch panel. I have Installed a lot of tanks and lot of level indicator systems. By far the best and not a big expense. From my experience of 30 years in the business at least

Just changed my system

Hi Guys
Just changed mine from dipsticks (previous owners 38 yrs) to digital. Wema senders and summit racing digital gauges $35 apiece. All are working well. The summit gauges have a brightness reduction you can turn on. They are very bright, which is good in the daylight. I will quantify the tanks galls vs % once I have finished my new intertank plumbing and fuel cleaning system installation.

Attachments

• DSC00951.jpg
    DSC00951.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 55
  • new guages.jpg
    new guages.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom