SSI Tank sender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueYonder

Vessel Name
Blue Yonder
Vessel Make
Anyone have any experience with these senders?

I want to monitor water tank level in addition to fuel tank level with my Smartcraft Vessel View system. The fuel tank uses a standard Wema 2 wire resistive float sender. There is not enough room above the water tank to install the typical float based tank sender. I found this sonar based sender from SSI. It uses two wires and is supposed to be compatible with resistance based senders. I have a connection on my wiring harness for an additional tank sender and think this would allow me to add the tank to the Smartcraft system.

Attachments

• FT-AN1_2 WIRE RESISTIVE EMULATION APP NOTE.pdf
    136 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Wish I would have seen this a couple weeks ago. Needed a sending unit for the fresh water tank. Sad part is that I have used SSI products before (high water alarm) and did not know they made something like this! Bet it works great!

Now I have to figure out how to connect it into the wiring harness on the motor. It has a Deutsch connector, with room for two more wires.

If the unit has only two wires then one side (according to the drawing in the .PDF) is ground and the other goes the the variable resistance side of the gauge. Not sure what you mean connecting it to the engine wiring harness? What kind of connection is on the existing sending unit? Seems to me you would tie in there.

It goes into the wiring harness in order to get to the Smartcraft display. This harness sends all of the engine information to the display also.

Is your current sending unit your replacing a resistive float sending type unit? If so it should be a two wire unit. You should be tying into the wiring right at the old sending unit. Im not really up on smart gauges. Am I missing something here?

Tank senders

Anyone have any experience with these senders?

I want to monitor water tank level in addition to fuel tank level with my Smartcraft Vessel View system. The fuel tank uses a standard Wema 2 wire resistive float sender. There is not enough room above the water tank to install the typical float based tank sender. I found this sonar based sender from SSI. It uses two wires and is supposed to be compatible with resistance based senders. I have a connection on my wiring harness for an additional tank sender and think this would allow me to add the tank to the Smartcraft system.

I also have a Back Cove 37. Were you able to mount these senders and interface to Vessel View?

No, I never did get the sender. It should work.

Where the heck did you find to buy them? I was not able to find any source for them.

Marty................................

Back
Top Bottom