Old 08-22-2015, 05:54 AM   #1
City: Doha and Mobile, AL
Similar devices to tank tender

Are there other recommended products similar to Hart Tank Tender that rely on air pressure to measure liquid levels?

makobuilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 06:19 AM   #2
City: North Carolina for now
Vessel Name: Small Incentive
Vessel Model: Boston Whaler 130 Sport
Headhunter makes very snazzy systems that use that method.

SYM-X Fluid Level Sensors | Headhunter Inc.

For fresh water, we strongly prefer using a Watercounter, one of the very best upgrades we made to our boat:

The World's Best Potable Water Management System For Boats and Rv's | WaterCounter

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
City: San Diego
Vessel Name: "Sandpiper"
Vessel Model: 2006 42' Ocean Alexander Sedan
Originally Posted by caltexflanc View Post
For fresh water, we strongly prefer using a Watercounter, one of the very best upgrades we made to our boat:
I realize that there are many "new & improved" devices on the market to measure FW levels in boats but to me, the Tank Tender is the absolute best! No electric required, just burp the damn thing and read the level. What could be more dependable?

One quick look to check all three tanks.... 1 water and 2 fuel. And a pre cruise inspection of the ER sight glasses confirms the accuracy of the Tank Tender!

Author's note: I just re-read the link for the "Water Counter" and must admit it's a pretty cool device!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0927.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	43440  
Codger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #4
City: Squamish, B.C.
Vessel Name: Change of Heart
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42
Another "thumbs up" for Tank Tender. We purchased our Grand Banks in Vancouver and then took her home to Squamish. The first stop after leaving the brokerage at Granville Island was to stop at the fuel barge for a splash of diesel; the Tank Tender showed that four of our six tanks were about 25% full so I just poured a half paycheque into the two almost empty tanks. After fuelling I didn't read any change in the two tanks...strange. Only later did we discover that the Tank Tender was in fact not functioning at all. ALL tanks were just about dry when we left the brokerage and it was just dumb luck that saved us from running dry in a very busy waterway! Long story made short is that our boat had been in charter service prior to our purchase; somebody must have monkeyed with the gauge at some point and over-pumped it. That being said, Tank Tender's customer service was exceptional and we had a replacement head unit at our door in two days. The unit has performed flawlesly since (and we never let kids or idiots near the thing).
FWIW, our boat has new tanks, for whatever reason they chose not to install sight glasses at the time, a poor decision that I hope to change if and when I can.
Everything on your boat is just don't know about it yet.
Boydster is offline   Reply With Quote