Silent Potable Water Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FF
I completely agree. It's a bad thing when you're in the middle of nowhere and your entire water supply gets pumped overboard. Our SOP is when the engine is running FW pump is off. Anchored one afternoon turned the FW pump on and it just kept running. Found a ruptured anurism.
Noises give early warning.

You want quiet and excellent pressure, get the Headhunter Mach 1. It's silent, and maintains 50PSI (cutoff 65 psi). Inlet is a full 1", which may give you an idea of the flow rate. We have had Jabsco, Groco, and Marco, and the Headhunter is the best.

The Mach 1 is 120v. It's expensive, but as a full time liveaboard, it's well worth it.

"Aboard Seaweed I have installed a hand pump at the galley sink."

Hand pumps are Ok, but a PIS when washing dishes or hands.

The foot pump solves the problem .There are both under floor and on floor styles made.

Use one of each if sea water rinses are part of your FW savings plan.

So your foot knows which its pumping.

I agree re the using a hand pump to wash dishes. It uses FAR more water than simply turning on the pressure system to a trickle. The hand pump on Seaweed is there so I can get water out of my tank without power.

It is convenient especially when underway.

BobsOilLanterns.jpg

Basically the only time the pressure system is powered is at shower time and when I am washing dishes.

Too many people have arrived someplace wonderful only to discover they have no water in their tank(s). I worry about that sort of thing. Though that has not happened to me, I rather prefer to learn lessons from others rather than my own Ut-Oh moments.

Twin pumps for fresh and salt is a good idea. It is what I hope for someday aboard Seaweed, though with space limited in that lower locker a hand pump is a better option for me.

Occasionally I believe a salt water hand pump would be handy at the galley sink to rinse off items before washing. Then I remember that for free I can hoist a bucket of water without any complication.

The same mentality goes into the whole Wash-down pump for the anchor chain. It too is in the Might be nice to have list, though a bucket works fine too. As I tend to complicate things I have to be on the watch for such things as that. They are budget busters too!

Capt'n Tom's idea of using a pitcher of water by the sink is efficient. I too do something similar. When I'm done washing dishes I fill up a few small containers so I have a day's worth of drinking water available without using the pressure pump.

"Occasionally I believe a salt water hand pump would be handy at the galley sink to rinse off items before washing."

There is very little water left on rinsed dishes , using salt to rinse is great as the water supply is unlimited ,
little salt (cant be tasted) is left on dishes drained in a rack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom