Shameless Promotion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeadMistress

Guru
Commercial Member
I've just had an email from my publisher that my new book, "The NEW Get Rid of Boat Odors"-- a major updated, revised and expanded sequel to the original (and waaaay overdue!) is now available in print!

The sailboatowners.com online store is taking orders for signed copies ...they've included the complete Table of Contents in their listing. The New Get Rid of Boat Odors
Amazon should have it in hard copy in a week or two at most, as a kindle by then too...I don't have that link yet. It'll also be available directly from the publisher (Seaworthy Publishing) I'll have that link within 24 hours.

Just thought I'd mention it. Except for copies I take to rendezvous and boat shows, I don't sell it myself...I'm just a proud " new mother" posting a "birth announcement!" :dance:

Congrads on the new birth-you have made my boat more enjoyable by teaching me about the plumbing , etc through your post:flowers:

Congrats, Madame HeadMistress: Birthing a book is a big deal!

The TOC is unclear - do you discuss treatment systems such as Raritan's Lectra/San, PuraSan and ElectroScan?

Last edited:
Congrats, Madame HeadMistress: Birthing a book is a big deal!

The TOC is unclear - do you discuss treatment systems such as Raritan's Lectra/San, PuraSan and ElectroScan?

Yes. In Section II "what's legal, what's not"..the chapter on USCG certified devices

Congratulations Peggie! I've been holding off purchasing your words of wisdom until your new edition came out. Time to pay you back for all of the wisdom you have been freely providing us over the years!

Congratulations, it will be of great interest to many.
Not us of course, what goes into our head has no odor at all :).

Peggie that's wonderful. Your work is done and summer is on it's way .. I think.

A "Seaworthy" publisher is a new one.

I'd like to trade in my obsolete GRoBO for the new and improved NGRoBO. No stains. Lightly used.

Do I get a credit?

Congrats-Peggy. And to just think how much of that information we have been lucky enough to have you share here! Will be adding to your royalties shortly!

Congratulations, it will be of great interest to many.
Not us of course, what goes into our head has no odor at all :).

Ah Bruce..................you Sydney-siders are full of it!!

Congrats Peggy!. The book, coupled with the free advice given here, should solve every imaginable problem. It's like buying a book with a warranty.

May I suggest your future advice be in the form of "look on page 59, paragraph 3" :)

I've just had an email from my publisher that my new book, "The NEW Get Rid of Boat Odors"-- a major updated, revised and expanded sequel to the original (and waaaay overdue!) is now available in print!

The sailboatowners.com online store is taking orders for signed copies ...they've included the complete Table of Contents in their listing. The New Get Rid of Boat Odors
Amazon should have it in hard copy in a week or two at most, as a kindle by then too...I don't have that link yet. It'll also be available directly from the publisher (Seaworthy Publishing) I'll have that link within 24 hours.

Just thought I'd mention it. Except for copies I take to rendezvous and boat shows, I don't sell it myself...I'm just a proud " new mother" posting a "birth announcement!" :dance:

Last year I bought through Amazon "Get Rid of Boat Odors" what was very interesting. Are you planning to sell your new book on the ITunes Store ?

All the best for your new book.

Are you planning to sell your new book on the ITunes Store ?

You'll have to ask my publisher, but I don't think so...I didn't know that was posssible!

May I suggest your future advice be in the form of "look on page 59, paragraph 3" :)

What a great idea! T'would definitely save me a LOT of time typing!

I'd like to trade in my obsolete GRoBO for the new and improved NGRoBO. No stains. Lightly used. Do I get a credit?

I don't think the publisher is taking trade ins...however, you might want to consider offering it for half price to any dock mate who needs it! :)

Thanks to all of you for so many kind words! They're really appreciated!

You'll have to ask my publisher, but I don't think so...I didn't know that was posssible!

Many people have iPad aboard (I have 2). So an electronic iBook of your precious advices would be great. More convenient for us, more business for you. :)

Congratulations Peggy! We'll surely have a copy onboard very soon

Greetings,
Mr. HM. So you're flush with success...
458121.gif

Peggy Hall - Alive and Well

Yes. In Section II "what's legal, what's not"..the chapter on USCG certified devices

I bought Peggy's book several years ago and it is a great reference book. I would recommend it to everyone. Not only for the head system but also the info about treating your fresh water system

The amount of unfounded myths about Type 1 and Type 2 MSD devices is astounding. Most myths are from sheer govt. paranoia or who can tell the most rediculous and yet believable untrue stories. I have not read the new book, but I am certain she has addressed this issue.
It was because of Peggy Hall, that I now have a Purasan unit (Type 1 MSD) and it was the best thing I have ever done to my boat. I cannot believe that I have lived so long without one. Most cruisers will be amazed at where they are legal. For many, that means NO MORE PUMP-OUTS.

Peggy. I wish you the best of success with your new edition.

Tony B

Congratulations Peggy.

Thanks for all the USEFUL advice over the years.

Richard

Greetings,
Mr. HM. So you're flush with success...
458121.gif

I do hope you are referring to Ms. HM, not Mr. HM.
I often flush with no success at all. :eek: And I don't look like that!

Many people have iPad aboard (I have 2). So an electronic iBook of your precious advices would be great. More convenient for us, more business for you. :)

I do know that in addition to a Kindle version, it'll be available as an e-book other than Kindle because the original is...but because I have the kindle app on my iPad (which I really like!), I haven't kept up with other e-book formats. I'll find out which ones and get back to y'all as soon as I know.

By God! There are two items sure to occur some time in life - Taxes and Death!

That said - - > Peggie has "top o' da heap" (pun intended - lol) ruling position over the two items in life that need to occur every day for everyone... often more than once!

You Go Peggie - Congrats. I'm gonna try to get a signed copy!

Happy Head-Mistress Daze! - Art :dance:

I haven't been active on any houseboat sites for several years, Tony. But if you are, I'd love it if you'd let 'em know about my book!

Update: the answer is yes...although it will take a few weeks, my new book WILL be available in ALL ebook formats including iBook. I'll let you know when it is.

Meanwhile, both hard copy and Kindle are already available on Amazon:
www.amazon.com/New-Get-Rid-Boat-Odors/dp/1892399784/

All your kind words in response to my announcement have really made my day! :dance: Thanks so much...I'll do my best to continue to earn them!

Back
Top Bottom