Old 09-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #1

City: LaConner, WA
Vessel Name: Tarantelle
Vessel Model: 1983 Ocean Alexander 40 Europa
Seeking Vetus Hydraulic Steering Parts Source

I had a hydraulic line rupture on my steering system this past week. I've got a Vetus MT30 system. I've been searching the web for a source for the nylon tubing and the compression fittings needed to install the new tubing. I found a source for the 8mm by 6mm tubing, but can't find anyone who seems to have the fittings. Does anyone know of a source? Or are the existing fittings likely to be reusable?

Thanks!
Tarantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:45 PM   #2

City: Subic Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantelle View Post
I had a hydraulic line rupture on my steering system this past week. I've got a Vetus MT30 system. I've been searching the web for a source for the nylon tubing and the compression fittings needed to install the new tubing. I found a source for the 8mm by 6mm tubing, but can't find anyone who seems to have the fittings. Does anyone know of a source? Or are the existing fittings likely to be reusable?

Thanks!
Nylon compression fittings are normally NOT reusable , have you tried these guys Vetus Hydraulic Steering Accessories

Just a clarification re the fittings, the fittings themselves can be re used , it;s the small olive/ ferrule that must be re-newed and can usually find here as:https://www.grainger.com/category/co...equestedPage=2

Also just be sure your new nylon tubing is rated for steering usage as there are many makes that are not and will fail under the pressure

Cheers Steve
CaptSteve53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #3

City: LaConner, WA
Vessel Name: Tarantelle
Vessel Model: 1983 Ocean Alexander 40 Europa
Thanks. That supplier is one who offers the Vetus tubing, but does not carry the connectors necessary to use the tubing. It just seems quite odd that there are several places that carry the Vetus tubing, but not the connectors. What good is tubing without connectors?
Tarantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #4

City: Subic Bay
Couple more that I have used previously:

Coilhose Pneumatics

http://www.eaton.com/ecm/groups/publ...t/pll_1015.pdf

Try brake supply/air supply companies as they both use high pressure plastic tubing with ferrules

Cheers Steve
CaptSteve53 is offline   Reply With Quote