Screws in fiberglass , hi everyone, had my roller ripped off coming off the trailer,

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevman

20170816_091024.jpg

Greetings,
Welcome aboard eh? I'm assuming the screws have a screw thread rather than a machine thread (no insult intended, just clarifying) . If so, refill the holes with thickened epoxy, re-drill and re-insert.

Another alternative may be to fill the holes, as above, and screw and glue (this is probably the ONE place I might use 3M 5200) a board/plank, of some sufficient thickness, over the repair and then screw to that. In doing so, you can drill more holes through the roller housing and use more screws to affix the housing without making further penetrations into your bow pulpit other than those holding the board/plank on.

Last edited:
What RT says +1. Go on West System's site and find their article on bonding hardware.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard eh? I'm assuming the screws have a screw thread rather than a machine thread (no insult intended, just clarifying) . If so, refill the holes with thickened epoxy, re-drill and re-insert.

Another alternative may be to fill the holes, as above, and screw and glue (this is probably the ONE place I might use 3M 5200) a board/plank, of some sufficient thickness, over the repair and then screw to that. In doing so, you can drill more holes through the roller housing and use more screws to affix the housing without making further penetrations into your bow pulpit other than those holding the board/plank on.
Thanks, yea they're a regular screw, will try just the epoxy, if it seems a little sketchy I think I'll put a nice piece of stainless over a larger area

Back
Top Bottom