Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #21
Guru
 
HeadMistress's Avatar


 
City: AR
Country: USA
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan Sea-Duction View Post
Great advice Peggy!

Now outhouse.....Does a chair with a toilet seat strapped to the bow pulpit work?
I could envision a Bumper Dumper attached to the bow pulpit instead of the transom.
__________________
Advertisement

__________________
2017 Peggie Hall
Specializing in marine sanitation since '87.
Author "The NEW Get Rid of Boat Odors"
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 PM   #22
Guru
 
City: Venice Louisiana
Country: United States
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,097
Hey semi, i've got several old crowns and jabscos in my shop if you would like to have that JUNK. After payin the big bucks for an Atlantes I will NEVER own or work on any of that old antique crap again. Spent to much time doin that. Dont really need a 454 starter motor in my turlet. But if you like it good on ya.
__________________

kulas44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #23
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
+2(?) for Raritans Marine Elegance. Also have heard good things about Tecma.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:44 AM   #24
Guru
 
HeadMistress's Avatar


 
City: AR
Country: USA
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4712 View Post
+2(?) for Raritans Marine Elegance. Also have heard good things about Tecma.
The Marine Elegance Raritan Marine Elegance has been the top rated electric macerating electric toilet from the day it was first introduced. Tecma is also a fine toilet...in fact, it revolutionized the industry when it first came onto the US market in the early '90s. It was originally an Italian toilet made for the "megayacht" market that Wilcox-Crittenden introduced into the US market--the first one with had a "grinder" than could even chew up a tampon and a pump that could shoot bowl contents up to 90 METERS. Till it came along, the best any macerating electric toilet could do was digest quick dissolve TP and move bowl contents 6-8'. The engineers at Raritan and Jabsco immediately jumped on developing equipment to compete with it...even SeaLand, who's only toilet was the VacuFlush, introduced their first macerating toilet--a private label of a Tecma clone, the SaniMarin. Raritan's Atlantes Freedom was their first competitor to the Tecma. The Marine Elegance was next, a major upgrade to both. Raritan has recently updated the Atlantes Freedom to use the same "Vortex Vac" as the Elegance.

So, as I said earlier, there have been MAJOR advances in macerating toilet engineering and technology since the early '90s...the Marine Elegance, the Tecma (now owned by Thetford, btw) and now the Atlantes Freedom are three of the best examples.
__________________
2017 Peggie Hall
Specializing in marine sanitation since '87.
Author "The NEW Get Rid of Boat Odors"
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:06 AM   #25
Guru
 
Forkliftt's Avatar
 
City: Biloxi Mississippi
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Patricia Louise II
Vessel Model: 1983 42' Present Sundeck
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,433
I installed a pair of the Marine Elegance units a couple of years ago and switched to fresh water flush at the same time on our sundeck. They are wonderful toilets.


Forky
1983 Present 42 Sundeck
Twin Lehman 135's
✌️
__________________
Steve Point Cadet/ Biloxi, Mississippi USA
*Present 42 twin 135 Lehmans
Forkliftt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:43 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulas44 View Post
Hey semi, i've got several old crowns and jabscos in my shop if you would like to have that JUNK. After payin the big bucks for an Atlantes I will NEVER own or work on any of that old antique crap again. Spent to much time doin that. Dont really need a 454 starter motor in my turlet. But if you like it good on ya.
Sounds like you're in the repair business. No surprise that you'd rather install a nice new toilet than refurbish an old one. Likely more profitable too.

You bet I like the tried and true older pumps. The specs on the Crown show that with the old shaft driven raw water pump removed it's a slightly better performer than the Sea Era retrofit in the pumping height category. This is significant for an elevated loop such as I've installed for the water-in- the-bowl capability. As I pointed out, the amp draw, water usage, and noise levels improve considerably with deletion of the RW pump. And a simple owner rebuild costs a fraction of the cost of new. What's not to like. Old doesn't make it junk or crap. The headmistress says it's the only unit she'd recommend for a work boat. Works for me, as I'm not a fan of the throw away/remove and replace protocol. The $500-$1000 saved will find a better use.

Sure, I could use a working motor as a spare if you're looking to get rid of stuff. No use for a pump section as I'm confident my rebuilds are good for another 25 years. PM me and I'll send you an address to send the motor....I'll pay shipping.
go-planing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:00 AM   #27
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadMistress View Post
The Marine Elegance Raritan Marine Elegance has been the top rated electric macerating electric toilet from the day it was first introduced. Tecma is also a fine toilet...in fact, it revolutionized the industry when it first came onto the US market in the early '90s. It was originally an Italian toilet made for the "megayacht" market that Wilcox-Crittenden introduced into the US market--the first one with had a "grinder" than could even chew up a tampon and a pump that could shoot bowl contents up to 90 METERS. Till it came along, the best any macerating electric toilet could do was digest quick dissolve TP and move bowl contents 6-8'. The engineers at Raritan and Jabsco immediately jumped on developing equipment to compete with it...even SeaLand, who's only toilet was the VacuFlush, introduced their first macerating toilet--a private label of a Tecma clone, the SaniMarin. Raritan's Atlantes Freedom was their first competitor to the Tecma. The Marine Elegance was next, a major upgrade to both. Raritan has recently updated the Atlantes Freedom to use the same "Vortex Vac" as the Elegance.

So, as I said earlier, there have been MAJOR advances in macerating toilet engineering and technology since the early '90s...the Marine Elegance, the Tecma (now owned by Thetford, btw) and now the Atlantes Freedom are three of the best examples.
We actually have two Generations of Raritan heads in our boat. Originally we had two Atlantes Freedom's but the PO replaced one (not sure of reason) with the Marine Elegance. Otherwise both heads work well.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
clynn's Avatar
 
City: Memphis
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Ivory Lady
Vessel Model: 46 Jefferson
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 266
Update:

Pulled the aft head this weekend and installed all new seals, impeller, and joker valve. Also THOROUGHLY cleaned everything while it was apart. Wow, what a difference! No more backflow and it actually smells almost okay in the head

Next step is to do the same for the forward head and then begin the hose replacement process.

For anyone looking to do this job on their head, this is the kit I used for my Jabsco 37010 toilet:

Jabsco 37040-0000 Marine Marine Electric Toilet Service Kit (37010 Series)

Amazon.com : Jabsco 37040-0000 Marine Marine Electric Toilet Service Kit (37010 Series) : Boating Heads : Sports & Outdoors
__________________

clynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012