referigerator door inserts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksanders

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
DOS PECES
Vessel Make
BAYLINER 4788
Has anybody installed teak door inserts on your referigerator?

We currently have a Norcold unit that is end of life and are thinking that the new fridge would look nice if it had teak door inserts.

The units we're considering are the

vitrifrigo dp2600
Nova kool rfu9000
norcold de0061

Ours is a Nova Kool that I put teak inserts in it to match the rest of the interior.

Attachments

• Nova Kool.jpg
    Nova Kool.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 189
Ours is a Nova Kool that I put teak inserts in it to match the rest of the interior.

Very nice!

Did you make them yourself? Or purchase them?

Thats exactly what I'm looking for!

I just cut them from a sheet of 1/8" teak veneer plywood with 3 coats of Cetol. They just side in from the top after sliding out the metal ones. Super easy and we think they look great.

Last edited:
I just cut them from a sheet of 1/8" teak veneer plywood with 3 coats of Cetol. They just side in from the top after sliding out the metal ones. Super easy and we think they look great.

Very nice...Thanks!

sounds like an easy, inexpensive modification.

It doesn't get any better than that!

vitrifrigo dp2600
Nova kool rfu9000
norcold de0061

The NO COLD is not our first choice as they do not stock parts for older units.

The Nova kool rfu9000 looks fine and seems a grand cheaper than the vitrifrigo dp2600 for our RV.

Any source that has good pricing for the Nova?

FF

My original No Cold insert developed water stains in its lower portion. When I cut out and installed a new one, I sealed all the edges and the back side with epoxy. I hope that that will help prevent future water stains.

I wonder if the lack of such edge sealing is why a lot of the teak ply paneling in our boats gets water staining along the bottom edges where it meets the sole or around windows.

My original No Cold insert developed water stains in its lower portion. When I cut out and installed a new one, I sealed all the edges and the back side with epoxy. I hope that that will help prevent future water stains.

I wonder if the lack of such edge sealing is why a lot of the teak ply paneling in our boats gets water staining along the bottom edges where it meets the sole or around windows.

Sealing the edges is a good idea.

Since I'm scheduled to set sail on a 1500NM+ adventure next week I'm having a shipyard replace the refrigerator. I know the cabinetmaker there pretty well, I'll ask him if he's doing that.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom