Old 06-28-2019, 12:08 PM   #1
Guru

City: Montgomery, TX
Vessel Name: Encore
Vessel Model: Whitby 42
Raritan Vortex-Vac, what is it?

A question for the HeadMistress. We had a Raritan Elegance on our last boat and loved it. Looking to purchase one for our current boat the descriptions all include the term Vortex-Vac. Is this different from the unit we purchased five or six years ago?
Also considering buying a fresh water flush for starters and later adding the SeaFresh option but have been unable to find a listing or price for that option.

Thanks,
Bob
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:07 PM   #2
Guru

City: AR
Raritan has used the name "Vortex Vac" to describe the power of the Marine Elegance pump since the day they introduced it.

Yes, you can retrofit the SeaFresh system any time. Although I only had to google "Raritan SeaFresh" to find the info on the Raritan site, Raritan seafresh.pdf , I wasn't able to a price or a retailer who carries it either. That's prob'ly because although plumbing it is fairly simple job, wiring it is complex enough that Raritan recommends having it installed by a marine electrician.

--Peggie
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
Guru

City: Miami Florida
Vessel Name: Possum
Vessel Model: Ellis 28
The following link will take you to a page on the Raritan website where you can select the options you want. It will give you a list price and a sku (part) number. You can use this to shop for the best price. I suggest you call Ronnie at my old company, Hopkins Carter, and ask him to quote you. The phone number is 305-635-7377.
https://raritaneng.com/raritan-produ...rine-elegance/
Old 06-28-2019, 03:54 PM   #4
Guru

City: AR
It wouldn't give me a price...kept asking me to select a few options. I'd already selected something for all of 'em.

Fww, it's been a couple of years, but I seem to recall a price (list?) of around $250 then.

--Peggie
HeadMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:35 PM   #5
Guru

City: Montgomery, TX
Vessel Name: Encore
Vessel Model: Whitby 42
Thanks, Peggy. I don't remember that term from last time. New to us boat needs a lot of stuff so I was hoping to go in with the minimum required, fresh water flush, and add the sea water flush later. Boat will be in a marina for a while so the fresh water flush should be fine. Boat does have a water maker, last pickled eight years ago. Hoping to get it working and then we won't need the sea water option. Currently has two Lavac heads, won't say we hate them, BUT we do hate them. Will keep one as backup.

HopCar, that site finally did come up, still waiting for it to give me a price.
BobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:48 PM   #6
Guru

City: Miami Florida
Vessel Name: Possum
Vessel Model: Ellis 28
BobH, I just tried it again and a price came right up. It was just above “Quantity” and Add to Cart. The SKU number was back at the top of the page. This will give you a list price for a complete toilet. When you’re ready to upgrade to the Sea Fresh system I think you’ll need to call them. You might not need to add the raw water flush. With a water maker you should have plenty of fresh water.