Raritan Purascan Systems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dswizzler

Vessel Name
Delta Swizzler
Vessel Make
1988 58' Vantare
Looking for boats out of the US to respond, or folks that have been out there. Thinking of replacing my Raitan Electroscan with a Purascan marine unit. Has anyone had any problems outside the US getting the chlorine tablets shipped /received outside the US ?

I like keeping my system using fresh water for all the known reasons, but the Admiral is concerned with getting replacement chlorine tablets. Our primary cruising ground will be Mexico and the Caribbean.

Thanks,

Dswizzler

Wouldn't it just be easier to keep the Electroscan and get regular salt?

Richard (Wxx3) was kind enough to call me today and we talked at length about his sytem and my growing pains installing my Electroscan.

He likes his heads fresh water and has the 4 gallon brine tank. He and I discussed him using salt water (well whatever comes in the salt water washdown system) to fill the brine tank instead of fresh water thinking it would greatly reduce his salt replenishment...especially when in pure salt water.

I think it should work and it would be the best of both worlds except for having to add the $500 brine tank so cruising in fresh/brackish water is nearly trouble free.

I know...not what you were thinking but a pretty timely question to a great phone call along the same lines.....just thought I would share his good idea.

I would think when travelling it would always be easier to get regular salt rather than the special Purisan tablets.

Looking for boats out of the US to respond, or folks that have been out there. Thinking of replacing my Raitan Electroscan with a Purascan marine unit. Has anyone had any problems outside the US getting the chlorine tablets shipped /received outside the US ?

I like keeping my system using fresh water for all the known reasons, but the Admiral is concerned with getting replacement chlorine tablets. Our primary cruising ground will be Mexico and the Caribbean.

Thanks,

Dswizzler

I live in Alaska and had the same worries when I installed our purasan hold n treat system.

We stocked up on the tablets, getting enough for several years.

I know they can only ship ground. If you are in or around places like the Usvi you can use one of the barge outfits at a reasonable cost. We use a company called Tropical shipping to move freight to these locations.

OK I'll bite, how many tablets are a couple of years ? How often do you need to replace them, figuring 2 folks full time ?

Thanks for the reply on the Electroscan. I had it for 3years and poor results( ( assume operator error.) So the wiring and plumbing are all the same. They have mine currently in Jacksonville and they offered me a discount on a new one, I make take them up on it. I've had Electrosans for years with good luck, but I think I'm going to try the Purasan now

Thanks again

I have the electrosan and it works great.

OK I'll bite, how many tablets are a couple of years ? How often do you need to replace them, figuring 2 folks full time ?

You get about 900 flushes to a tablet I beleive.

Back
Top Bottom