Pump-out troubleshooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the one I referred to and can say they work excellent...better than threaded adapters IMO

The flange sucks down on the deck ftg and it is diddicult to break lose.

m.go2marine.com/product/212694F/edson-quick-clamp-pump-out-nozzle-w-splash-guard.html

As mentioned in post #45 I found it quite easy to replace the original "odd" threaded waste deck fitting with a standard size from a marine store. the screw in nylon Banjo adapters are used in farm chemical systems and can be found at tractor supply or other hardware places, inexpensive.

Hears a thought hook up the pump out line to the over the side dump macerator line then turn the dump macerator on while vacuuming. And leave the cap off the pump out.
The macerator sucks from the very bottom of the tank so it should empty the tank completely.

Sorry Gaston, but that wouldn't work. The pumpout line also goes to the bottom of the tank, so unless the pumpout line and the overboard discharge line are connected to two separate tank fittings instead of the usual y-valve or tee in the pumpout line, the macerator couldn't get any more out of the tank than the pumpout, and would actually create an obstruction in the pumpout line that would prevent the pumpout from pulliing anything out. And leaving the pumpout cap open wouldn't help either because that line also goes to the bottom of the tank.

However, you may have accidentally stumbled onto something: If there's only a tee in the pumpout line, or the y-valve is open to the macerator during pumpout, depending on how high the tee or y-valve is in the discharge line, AND IF the overboard discharge thru-hull is above waterline, it MIGHT explain why the pumpout can only empty the tank to that point before starting to suck air that would prevent it from pulling any more out.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

OP here -- I used TankTechsRx. I left the product in the tank for a total of 23 days. It is now my pleasure and high honor to announce that yesterday's pump-out was successful and normal. My holding tank is empty. Is that great news or what?

Last edited:
This is the solution to your problem. seaLand nozall Note that there are several different sizes, so you'll have to measure the diameter and the TPI (threads per inch) to sure of getting the right one.

Peggie

Oh dear! Sticker shock! You can get the exact same fitting at Northern Tool for about $5 :rolleyes:

OP here -- I used TankTechsRx. I left the product in the tank for a total of 23 days. It is now my pleasure and high honor to announce that yesterday's pump-out was successful and normal. My holding tank is empty. Is that great news or what?

Woo hoo!

:)

-Chris

Greetings,
Mr. ld.

200w.gif

I’ve had good luck with No-Flex for keeping the hoses clear and dissolving sludge in the tank. I also use Tanks RX from time too time. Can’t be to careful.
Do you flush your tank after using TankRX and before re-introducing Noflex? Noflex clearly states that it should not be mixed with other treatments. Thank you.

Do you flush your tank after using TankRX and before re-introducing Noflex? Noflex clearly states that it should not be mixed with other treatments. Thank you.

You should pump it tank out before using the Noflex any left over will not be a problem .The Noflex will neutralize TankRX and it would just be a waste of Noflex having to do that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom