Proper freshwater flush design on a Watermaker.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi All,
I have a CruiseRO unit that was just installed and I am not super happy with the install so am redoing it. The thing I am trying to understand is how freshwater flush should work. The way it’s configured now the boost pump turns on when the timer is activated, but since I’m using the pressure side of my fw system and it’s at 60psi versus the 40 of the boost pump it feels unnessesary. When I turn on the FW from my pressurized System I get water both out of the discharge and a small amount from the fresh output of the system, based on that could I simplify by just opening a valve on a timer between my fw system and the input of the Watermaker?
I thought FW flush was really just to pass water over the filters and membranes on a regular basis, Or is there something I’m missing?

Thanks!
Arthur

Call or email RIch Boren--he will usually respond "really fast" with good information

I’ve found him helpful if you follow exactly what he wants, but when I’ve asked things like what would he monitor if he was to do electronic monitoring I’ve gotten responses that are not helpful. Hoping to get a second opinion from this group.

We also have a CruiseRO, and I believe the instructions say to either make water or flush with fresh water at least every five days. If pickled, you don't have to flush.
To flush, we just open a valve to let fresh water from our pressurized fresh water system flow thru the filters and membrane. Both water maker pumps remain off during this process. We don't have a timer. We turn the valve manually.

Ok, that’s exactly what I was wondering, now wishing I hadn’t bought his FW flush package, a solenoid valve and timer will make this super simple and easy.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom