Princess stove issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC53

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sea Witch
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 #47
No propane from tank to stove. Original stove on 83 Kadey K. Tank 3/4 full. Can’t see any kink in the line. Thought it might be the solenoid so I removed it. Propane runs to solenoid connection but when hooked directly to line to stove nothing comes out the burners. Don’t have a manual. Any suggestions? As always, I appreciate all the knowledge shared on this site.

Could it be the safety valve inside your tank locker?

Hard to say without see some pictures of your setup. Do you have a regulator and a gauge? Does the gauge show any pressure. Did this work before and a new problem or is a new boat to you and you haven't used it before. Has all the air been purged from the lines to the stove, it takes a long time sometimes? It might help to answer these questions and show us a picture.

My boat has a valve set into the saloon "ceiling", in the line between LPG bottles and stove. La Bomba is right, it can take an inordinate time for propane to reach the burners.
PS. We replaced a stove of similar vintage because of leaks at the burner valves. And being new it came with "flame out-propane off" safety feature built in.

Last edited:
PS. We replaced a stove of similar vintage because of leaks at the burner valves.

We replaced ours on our 81 because I felt it was unsafe that the standing pilot in the oven had no flame detection device to shut the propane off should the pilot blow out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom