Plumbing: Albin Tub/Shower Faucet Fix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Papafu

Vessel Name
Ment Tu Be
Vessel Make
Albin 36 Double Cabin
Seems I missed clearing water from the faucet in the tub in our 36 Albin during winterization. Now I need to repair or replace the faucet. Any suggestions or discarded faucets laying around? I need a retaining nut (it split) to repair the faucet but can't locate one. Even tried McMaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found duplicates of our shower faucets at an RV supplier. Could probably check some RV catalogues on line.

I'll be back on her on Wed. and will post the pic. Remember you from the Mainship Group.

Faucet Pic

Hopr this pic of the faucet helps. Thr hot water retaining nut splitoff.

Papa try again, the pic is not showing up. I'll be on my boat in a couple of hours and I'll see if I have any of the original stuff left in my plumbing parts box.

Uploading fucet pic problem

Cant upload the pic and I don't know why.

Attachments

• IMG_20130509_102159_736.jpg
    IMG_20130509_102159_736.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 111
Faucet pic uploasded successfully. Whew!

The faucet is pictured

I just bought all new faucets for the Prairie. RV shops have the tub faucet with the external shower diverter, if that's what I'm seeing. I went to rvpartscountry.com and was happy with the products, but no doubt other RV suppliers are just as good.

The only caveat is that modern faucets are much more cheaply made than the really old stuff, so if you want something as rugged as what you're replacing, it may be hard to find and very expensive when you do. Still, the new stuff looks good and there are a number of styles to choose from.

One up grade that should be considered is to use the new ceramic style valve.

For full timers the amount of solids in the water will vary and the ceramic will last longer in really hard water.

For the winter layup folks the ceramic is even better as the long dry period does nor help the faucet or valve rubber a bit.

I just bought all new faucets for the Prairie. RV shops have the tub faucet with the external shower diverter, if that's what I'm seeing. I went to rvpartscountry.com and was happy with the products, but no doubt other RV suppliers are just as good.

The only caveat is that modern faucets are much more cheaply made than the really old stuff, so if you want something as rugged as what you're replacing, it may be hard to find and very expensive when you do. Still, the new stuff looks good and there are a number of styles to choose from.

We also just upgraded all the faucets on our Tug. The galley and head sink faucets were standard household models we got through faucetsdirect. For the shower, we also sourced from an RV supply house. Just measure the distance between the fittings to make sure one of the new ones will fit. Also, with a bit of searching we were able to find an RV faucet/diverter with a solid brass body - most are plastic. It was around $40 (plastic ones closer to $25).

Nostalgia won out. I was able to get a replacement nut made at a local machine shop. One big problem was the fact the the faucet was 6" center not a 4". Anyway, thanks for all the responses. These forums are always a big help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom