Old 07-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Outstanding Customer Service

Outstanding Customer Service
A couple of weeks ago we were on the boat for the weekend and found we didn’t have any water. The pump worked but nothing came out of the faucets. We got back to the slip later in the day, I filled the water tank, but still no water. I checked down in the bilge and found a water line had come out of the compression fitting (the top water line in the photo) and the pump had pumped all the water into the bilge.

I took the threaded collar off, reinserted the pipe back into the fitting and tightened it back up, only to find out the collar had broken. Water was still being pumped into the bilge. Monday I checked around town to find replacement parts but nobody carried that type of fitting. I picked up two different “T” fittings but neither of them would work on my system.

Tuesday I called Sea Ray Customer service and got the name of the company that made those fittings. I called Genova Products and spoke with their customer service department. The lady I talked with listened to what I needed then asked two questions: “What size pipe is it?” and “Is it white of off-white?”

I answered both of those questions and she then said she’d send me out the parts I needed at no charge. I was obviously pleased with that and asked her if, instead of sending one set of parts to fix it, could she please send me two? She agreed to send two sets of the parts.

Saturday the envelope arrived in the mail and there were three sets of parts and their catalog. No charge, no hassle, no problems. Just good old fashioned customer service like we don’t get very often these days.

So Kudos to Genova Products from Davison, Michigan for their fantastic customer service. And a special thanks to Revay Sweet for her help.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Guru

City: somewhere
Wonder if they have this fitting for my shower head?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130714_142554.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	21317

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130714_142613.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	21318
Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
Guru

City: Here
Love to see positive comments about marine businesses rather than the usual bashing.
boatpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Beachbum, give Genova a call at 616.786.0044 or 810.786.0044. Ask for Customer Service then ask for Ms Sweet.

She definitely is a sweetheart!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Guru

City: somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFC View Post
Beachbum, give Genova a call at 616.786.0044 or 810.786.0044. Ask for Customer Service then ask for Ms Sweet.

She definitely is a sweetheart!
Thanks
Old 07-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #6
Guru

City: Juno Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Takes Two
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
kuddos on what BoatPoker said
gwkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote