Old waste tank in MT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fotoman

Guru
I recently discovered there is a second waste tank in my Marine Trader. It's located underneath the front cabin and it's huge (probably around 6 feet long). It wasn't hooked when I bought the boat and I'm suspecting it's because it's leaking. Anyway, I'm thinking of removing it. But it won't even move an inch so I would have to cut some of it to get it moving and then cut it some more. I was wondering if anyone undertook this crazy job.

I recently discovered there is a second waste tank in my Marine Trader. It's located underneath the front cabin and it's huge (probably around 6 feet long). It wasn't hooked when I bought the boat and I'm suspecting it's because it's leaking. Anyway, I'm thinking of removing it. But it won't even move an inch so I would have to cut some of it to get it moving and then cut it some more. I was wondering if anyone undertook this crazy job.

My bilge tanks (waste and shower/tub 10 gallon sump) were tabbed to the stringers. They weren't real solidly tabbed so a combo of light cutting, grindingand prying got my sump out without too much blood.

I was able to look a bit around the tank today and it looks like it's held in place by a small piece of fiberglass.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom