Old 04-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Guru

Old waste tank in MT

I recently discovered there is a second waste tank in my Marine Trader. It's located underneath the front cabin and it's huge (probably around 6 feet long). It wasn't hooked when I bought the boat and I'm suspecting it's because it's leaking. Anyway, I'm thinking of removing it. But it won't even move an inch so I would have to cut some of it to get it moving and then cut it some more. I was wondering if anyone undertook this crazy job.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fotoman View Post
I recently discovered there is a second waste tank in my Marine Trader. It's located underneath the front cabin and it's huge (probably around 6 feet long). It wasn't hooked when I bought the boat and I'm suspecting it's because it's leaking. Anyway, I'm thinking of removing it. But it won't even move an inch so I would have to cut some of it to get it moving and then cut it some more. I was wondering if anyone undertook this crazy job.
My bilge tanks (waste and shower/tub 10 gallon sump) were tabbed to the stringers. They weren't real solidly tabbed so a combo of light cutting, grindingand prying got my sump out without too much blood.
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Guru

I was able to look a bit around the tank today and it looks like it's held in place by a small piece of fiberglass.
Fotoman is offline   Reply With Quote