New refrigerator with or without ice maker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chief, I used metal strapping on the bottom front legs and rear centered bottom frame strapping. Do not drill the refrigerator cabinet for flange type securing the freon lines are attached to the inside of the metal cabinet. A boater friend of ours found that out the hard way.
The doors have never opened as the result of weather or sob wake makers.
We really don’t miss defrosting the fridge and semi soft icecream.
Bill
USN MCPO Retired

Last edited:
I added an inexpensive countertop 3 cu ft fridge as a second fridge for beer and bait. I secured the fridge with a set of retention hooks between the frame and a well-secured countertop eye hook. It won't budge but can be disconnected easily for access.

lehigh-boat-hardware-mh014s-6-64_1000.jpg

The doors got hooks like these installed.

BMGA1865.JPG

For ice, we found these new silicone ice cube trays that work very well and come with a lid that reduces spills. This particular tray makes cubes large enough to just fit into a Yeti cup, my preferred crucible for ice tea. One cube is enough for a drink.

https://www.surlatable.com/product/...e+Tray?cat=TCA-331138_Bar+Tools+&+Accessories

main_variation_Default_view_1_425x425.

Our household fridge is secured with a wooden cleat screwed to the floor in front of the legs. It also has screw that connect it to the cabinets on the side and top. To secure the door shut, we use a strip of industrial adhesive velcro that is attaced to the outside if the unit with the other strip attached to the outside of the door. The unit's cooling system is mounted to the back of the fridge.

Tator

Greetings,
Mr. CC. We have our Home Depot 110v only model secured in a similar fashion to Mr. T (post #33) but have installed a hook and eye similar to Mr. FW (second picture).

I called the manufacturer of the fridge and asked about drilling into the cabinet. The tech said anywhere on the door as all the mechanical tubing and such were at the rear of the cabinet. The use of a velcro strap would eliminate that concern.

Will try to post my thread on "My new apartment refrigerator " in the next day or so. Currently in a bandwidth challenged area.and unloading pics isn't happening.

Ted

Back
Top Bottom