Old 07-27-2016, 06:01 AM   #21
L-60AT Toyostove Laser Vented Heater - ToyotomiUSA

WE'VE BEEN GREEN FOR 40 YEARS. A half million satisfied customers can't be wrong. From the Arctic to Antarctica, from Maine to California the revolutionary ...""

This would take up loads of space and the question remains , how is heat sent to Fwd or Aft cabins when it really gets cold.

A floor fan or two doesn't do much below 0F.and the sea water in an unheated head can go solid.

FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:37 AM   #22
City: Saltspring Island
Vessel Name: Retreat
Vessel Model: C&L 44
"A tank for kerosene was a better cure was a more reliable cure fore livaboards.. "

I also found hard starting of my old Espar was related to the temp of the diesel in the main tanks, as I didn't have a separate source of kerosene plumbed in. Seemed ironic that if you didn't need heat, starting was easy, but when you really needed it, returning to the very cold boat for a winter cruise, the silly thing wouldn't start. Once the fuel was warmed up after a good run on the main engines, the heater would start just fine. In the first few years I had the boat, with that system, I spent more $ trying to get the Espar happy than total maintenance on 3 diesel engines.

Probably affects the Wallas the same way.

koliver is offline   Reply With Quote