New head!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did you also glue in a packer like a short length of say, inch through timber, under that back edge to take the main weight as well, Murray..?

Yup. Sumo worthy now.

Did you also glue in a packer like a short length of say, inch through timber, under that back edge to take the main weight as well, Murray..? Or was there not enough room. I doubt a hose clamp will last long before squashing down.

Also FWIW, in my '75 CHB, the toilet mounts with 3 things that look like large self-tapping threaded screws, about 5mm thick near the head, and with a bolt type head. Are they what you are calling lag bolts Peggie..? They went into a base of about 3/4 inch timber, into which I have made cut-outs so I can reach things. So I have 3 removable 1/4 inch ply extra sections covering the whole base, 2 of which I can remove, one either side of the loo, even after it is bolted down, for access through the cut out sections to my thru-hull, taps and diverter valve.
Peggie seems to have taken a powder, but yes by your description those are what we call lag screws or bolts. They are just an oversized screw with a bolt head as you say. They are a good fastener for some applications and apparently are common in head installations. My boat uses bolts and in fact the instruction sheet that comes with the new heads also recommends using bolts. Second one arrives tomorrow and we'll hopefully be all good to "go"?

Back
Top Bottom