Need marine air-conditioning book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
"Dragon Lady"
Vessel Make
DeFever 41
I have three Cruisair a/c units and I would like to diagnose and recharge them myself - bring in the a/c contractor only as required. I'm a competent engineer and understand the principles involved.* I also have access to gauges, vacuum pump and refrigerant. Any suggestions on a how-to book would be appreciated. Google and Amazon don't return the results I'm looking for.

T.I.A.
Mike

-- Edited by Shoalwaters at 07:36, 2009-02-06

I've got one I'll see you cheap, but it's at the boat and I can't remember the title. Will get back to you.

keith@anastasia3.com

The big hassle might be AGE , as the older units used the more efficient F-12 , the new units a crappy substitute .

F -12 is no longer here in the US (getting harder to find in Mexico or the Bahamas) and "converting" to a newer refrigerant is a waste of time , even if you can do it at home.

Since many units are 20 -30 years old , its time for a new set of units.

The only other ( Po Boy) alternative is a mixture of 90% propane and 10% butane , which is even better refrigerant than the old F-12 ,(same oil, TX valve and settings) but the dangers of an explosive gas in the bilge make it a choice ONLY for boats with propane cooking and gas detection system on board.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom