Marco UP6/E-12 volt water pump-good quality?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Mary Pearl
Vessel Make
Nordhavn 43
This Marco Pump is a variable speed, gear driven postitive displacement pump. I recently saw one at Fisheries Supply in Seattle. It's made in Italy. The quality of tooling and machining in stainless( no plastic)looks very good. It's exudes quality and feels solid.

Does anyone have experience with this brand or model of pump?

UP6/E Water Pressure Pump - Marco | Fisheries Supply

I'm currently using a Jabsco Dual Sensor which is prone to failure and needs to be swapped out and rebuilt at least every year.

A knowledgeable friend recommends Shureflo to last ten years, but I have some concern others say it's loud-another problem with the Jabsco-when it works right, It can be heard across the harbor

I hate to pay double the cost of a ShureFlo unless I really know The Marco is likely to go the distance.

I appreciate any comments.

Best regards,

David

I have a shur-flo and use water exclusively from the onboard supply. It was on the boat when we bought it in 2010, I bought a new spare in 2012 in case of failure and still have it in the spares. It's quite except when it starts to suck air when the tank is empty. The usual failure is the check valve or pressure switch, mine have never failed I got this from reading reviews. Mine is 50 psi at 4.5 gpm if I remember correctly. I think my spare which I bought on eBay was $130.00, Hopcar a forum member should be able to add some information on the quality of these pumps and give you a decent price on one. I think having a spare guarantees the original will keep pumping away.

I'm interested too--any experience w Marco ?
Curtis

The Jabsco water pumps are sh*t. Replace them annually if you like having running water on the boat. Complete garbage.

I'm looking at options like an external pressure switch and the Marco line so I can just rely on the system, for once.

So does anyone have experience w the Marco product?

This Marco Pump is a variable speed, gear driven postitive displacement pump. I recently saw one at Fisheries Supply in Seattle. It's made in Italy. The quality of tooling and machining in stainless( no plastic)looks very good. It's exudes quality and feels solid.

Does anyone have experience with this brand or model of pump?

UP6/E Water Pressure Pump - Marco | Fisheries Supply

I'm currently using a Jabsco Dual Sensor which is prone to failure and needs to be swapped out and rebuilt at least every year.

A knowledgeable friend recommends Shureflo to last ten years, but I have some concern others say it's loud-another problem with the Jabsco-when it works right, It can be heard across the harbor

I hate to pay double the cost of a ShureFlo unless I really know The Marco is likely to go the distance.

I appreciate any comments.

Best regards,

David

David, I just ordered the Marco product. will not have a chance to use it until early May, but if you can check with me later i'll be able to give you some comments on noise, pressure, etc....
curtis

I'm very happy with the marco product. I had a system with the pressure tank and it was somewhat annoying to hear the pump thumping away as it built up pressure. the Marco product, being variable speed, is an improvement in my opinion. It still makes a noise--but it's a relatively quiet whirring sound that comes on only when there is demand for water pressure. And there is virtually no vibration. The pressure provided is adequate. The pump itself is not inexpensive--think I paid about $700, but seems to be very good quality. And it's quite small!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom