Old 11-29-2019, 08:41 AM   #1

City: San Diego
Mainship Expedition "summer kitchen"

We just bought a 41' 2009 Mainship Expedition with a "summer kitchen" (grill sink and ice maker) on the bridge. We have turned on all the water valves in the boat so they are vertical but aren't getting any water to the sink or ice maker. There is nothing in the manual about the summer kitchen. Looked everywhere in the cabinet to see if we are missing a valve that needs to be turned on. Any Mainship owners out there with the answer?
MartyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:09 AM   #2

City: Sassafras River, Maryland
Vessel Name: Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
I believe the Expedition has a lot of similar parts to the newer 400 trawlers. This is what the manifold on my 400 looks like, and the circled valve is the one for the summer kitchen sink. On mine, this was the only valve, i.e. there wasn't anything under the summer kitchen to shut off the water to the bridge so unless you have another valve under the sink, you should be getting water. A couple things to check, obviously the fresh water pump needs to be turned on. Make sure the strainer by the fresh water pump is clear.
Check the aerator (if present) on the upper sink (mine doesn't have one) Try turning the shut-off 90 degrees just to make sure you are not misreading the position of it. Popping the connections apart is not too hard, except for the difficult access, so I'd disconnect something under the kitchen and see if I had flow then, which would mean something upstairs must be plugged up.

My ice maker wasn't getting water either so I disconnected the tubing to the solenoid valve and turned on the water...got flow, so I concluded the solenoid valve was probably defective or some other sensor in the ice maker was malfunctioning.

Good luck and congrats on a fine boat!
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most. E.B. White
garmstro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard. Congrats on your new boat.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:57 PM   #4

Got it! Thanks for the quick reply. Will try try you suggestions when it stop raining here in San Diego!
Old 12-02-2019, 01:38 PM   #5

City: Sassafras River, Maryland
Vessel Name: Seventh Sojourn
Vessel Model: Mainship 400
I thought it was sunny year-round in San Diego!

If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most. E.B. White
garmstro55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:04 AM   #6

Found it! WAY over on the starboard side not on the manifold panel but separate and out of sight. Turns out the water line for the summer kitchen was tied to the windshield washers. Once turned on, the washers flowed like Old Faithful. No wonder the previous owner turned it off! Had a solenoid replaced (behind the bridge helm station) and now we have a working sink and ice maker in the summer kitchen. Turned off the windshield washers as we will never use them down here in San Diego. Another problem solved!