Lint Screen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordon J

Guru
Vessel Name
Didi Mau
Vessel Make
Currently looking for next boat
We have a vented Splendide washer/dryer. I have been through the manual but see nothing about cleaning lint out of the dryer. Should I be concerned/worried about the lack of clean out?

As always, thanks in advance..

There isn’t one per say that I know of. There is a filter that should be cleaned/checked periodically to protect the pump from lint. We do clean the exhaust hose every year or so for lint. I can’t say we use the dryer much though. In the winter, we put towels in after showering for 20 minutes to keep them from getting “wolfy”. The clothes mostly get hung out to dry. We been using ours for 10 years with the only issue being being the door latch.

http://www.splendide.com/cleanfilter.pdf

Our previous Splendide had a lint filter at the point where the vent hose left the machine; it needed cleaning every 2-3 loads as I recall. Our new one, which is about two years old, does not have any sort of lint filter. Both are vented.

Mine doesn't have a lint trap. While Looping, wnen tied canal side, the lint on the side of the boat below the vent was a status symbol. No trips to the laundromat.

Ted

Thanks larry

There isn’t one per say that I know of. There is a filter that should be cleaned/checked periodically to protect the pump from lint. We do clean the exhaust hose every year or so for lint. I can’t say we use the dryer much though. In the winter, we put towels in after showering for 20 minutes to keep them from getting “wolfy”. The clothes mostly get hung out to dry. We been using ours for 10 years with the only issue being being the door latch.

http://www.splendide.com/cleanfilter.pdf

I think the screen you are referring to is a water screen, non?

I think the screen you are referring to is a water screen, non?

Yes, and from what I can tell not all units have the screen. The screen might be on the non-vented units or newer units? Our vented unit is 11 years old and doesn't have a screen but a removable trap before the pump for objects and debris. We clogged it once and the water backed up. Here’s a 10 peso coin that it stopped.

Attachments

• 91296819-1C5B-467D-B7FB-EFF68E67FE0E.jpg
    91296819-1C5B-467D-B7FB-EFF68E67FE0E.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom