Jabsco VSD replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danderer

Guru
Vessel Name
Infinity
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 48
I've got a no-longer-manufactured Jabsco 31750 fresh water pump that it failing -- it won't shut off unless I cycle the breaker (or rap on the pump sensor housing). I'll pull it apart this coming week to see if I can fix it.

Assuming I can't readily fix it, what is a good replacement? The Jabsco model that is their current VSD pump seems to have even more problems than my model. The reviews aren't good.

It looks like the SHURFLO AQUA KING II gets good reviews at 1/2 the price of the Jabsco. I see it has a much higher shutoff pressure (55 psi vs 35 psi). Hope it won't blow out any connections.

Any other good alternatives?

I replaced an old Jabsco with a Flowjet Senor VSD 4.5, Model number R4525743 about 4 years ago and have not had any issues with it.

Thanks much for that lead. Turns out Jabsco and Flojet are both owned by Xylem and I was able to find a NOS Flojet on Amazon that should be plug-and-play for the Jabsco.

The failure on the Jabsco was in the pressure switch. That is sold as part of the motor assembly and the NOS Flojet was cheaper than the Jabsco parts would have been if I could even find them.

I have an obsolete Sherwood G85. Any ideas what I can use or modify to replace it?

Back
Top Bottom