Jabsco 37072-0012/0092 Pump Rebuild?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toocoys

Guru
I'm finally fed up with not being able to use the heads on the boat, and in addition to the aft head never working properly, now the forward head pump is getting stuck.

The forward head will sometimes get stuck and wont turn when you push the button. If you get a penny or something and manually turn the pump shaft from the rear of the pump it will begin to turn over. This usually happens after a few days of not flushing it.

The aft head has a leak and water comes out of the seam along the red line pictured below. I am assuming that this is because of the shaft seal that is behind the impeller.

My pumps are Jabsco 37072-0012 but it seems that they've been replaced by the 37072-0092 model. What I need to confirm is that the Jabsco 90197 service kit will provide everything I need to rebuild/reseal my pumps.

Peggy? Anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_6166.jpg
    IMG_6166.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 30
Make sure you're getting 12v at the pump. If you are and the pump won't turn on it's own, better replace it. I would replace both if I was rebuilding the pump. Keep the working one as a spare.
No idea on the kit. Call Depco (800)446-1656 or (727)446-1656

Back
Top Bottom