Isotherm door gaskets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
Anyone have a favored supplier for a door gasket to an Isotherm fridge? We've got one in the cockpit and one on the flybridge and they're both in need of new door gaskets. Their label reads model 1004902, which I think translates to a Cruise 49 series. As far as I know they're in working condition, but the boat is new to us, so I haven't had a chance or weather to push their limits. But right now their gaskets are in sorry enough state to warrant replacement.

If/when the units need outright replacement I'm considering Dometic ones instead.

Supposedly the gasket is molded into the door. This requires replacing the whole door to get the gasket. If it was a $40 gasket I'd roll the dice. But $100+ for a whole door? I may wait until I have a chance to see how these units work under summer conditions. If they're not up to the task better to know that before wasting the money on a door on a 10 year old fridge. Better to spend that against a new unit instead. Which invites the adventure of making sure new ones will fit...

I use adhesive weather stripping from Home Depot to help seal the door. As long as the compressor works, this is a cheap solution to a bad door gasket.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom