Identify this electric toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

winty

Vessel Make
'81 CHB34
Need a rebuild kit for this unit. How do I determine the model? Have not been able to slight a make or model.

Attachments

• 20160611_085600 (1).jpg
    20160611_085600 (1).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 98
Also looks like a TMC bowl, which I suspect is also used by Jabsco, so probably the bowls are a sort of multifit generic, which various manufacturers put their pump and macerator assemblies onto.

I guess plastic surround on bottom comes off. Should have designations behind it. Tried that yet??

Art is right...the shroud around the base should be removeable. Meanwhile, some clues:

If it has a 1" discharge it's most likely a Jabsco...37010 if it uses sea water, 37045 it uses pressurized fresh water. However, it appears to have a 1.5" discharge, which would most likely make it a Raritan SeaEra.

If it's a sea water version, the SeaEra has a diaphragm intake pump at the end of the pump/motor assembly that's easy to access to replace the diaphragm...the Jabsco 37010 has an intake impeller that's impossible to access without taking the whole d'd thing apart.

There are a few other clues in the exploded drawings of both that should help you ID if you can't find it after you remove the shroud.

Raritan SeaEra Parts List and Drawing for the sea water version...part #162000W is the intake pump assembly The fresh water version won't have an intake pump. Note that there are TWO repair kits--intake pump assembly and discharge pump assembly.

Jabsco 37010 owners manual Drawing and parts list are on p 3 & 4.

It also appears that the discharge hose has been spliced (somebody didn't measure corrrectly?) You need to add another clamp 'cuz all sanitation hose connections should have TWO clamps, with screws 180 degrees apart.

Peter, no way use the bowl to narrow down a toilet mfr because all mfrs including Jabsco, Raritan, Tecma and TMC use bowls that mount using a 4 bolt + pattern.

Looks very close to mine, which were originally 1976 Raritan seawater manual pump heads, which I converted to electric using the SeaEra macerator conversion kit. Essentially everything below the bowl is the SeaEra product.

Thank you all for the notes. I will remove the base covers and compare diagrams this weekend.

Peter, no way use the bowl to narrow down a toilet mfr because all mfrs including Jabsco, Raritan, Tecma and TMC use bowls that mount using a 4 bolt + pattern.

Peg, when you're right you're right. They just make them look similar to confuse folk. FYI, I have just had to order, and I pick up Saturday, a new TMC Pump/macerator assembly for my loo, because the Jabsco won't fit I'm told...
The old one, once I got it off, with a struggle, and I'm still unsure why, was effectively seized up, but as it was possibly 12 years old, it has not done too badly really. :D

It must be a Jabsco 37010. If you look closely at the base you can see a logo (triangle shaped) that matches the image on the base in the online parts drawing. Also that hose splice sure look just a smaller hose inside a larger one with a clamp on it, should be a hose adapter with clamps or replace the entire run with the same size hose..........:thumb:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 98
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Latest posts