Hot Water Heater Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it depends on how long you are going to keep the boat. I went through this exact same process. In my case i am actively looking at boats and will be listing mine in the next several weeks. so i went with the cheaper fix. Now if my plan was to hang on to her for the foreseeable future then i would have spent the $450...that BTW is a great price.

I see you show a home port of Marathon...will you be around there this summer? we will be there for the entire month of July. It sounds like fun to grab dinner and drinks sometime. BTW i taught Auto shop for 5 years. maybe we can swap stories or make them up as we go.

Eseyoung, We will keep the boat. Thanks for the advisement. We are at Banana Bay Marina and may stay or go back to Jekyll Island by July. Depends on the marina and their plans for new construction. We don't want to be here during that. Otherwise we love the place. Give us a shout if you are down here. This boat is going to be new some day and then we can start over.

Time to replace our 28 year old Torrid 10 gal water heater. Looking at Isotemp 11 gal. Active Captain has a discount that gives a price of $432.59

I just pulled out a 10 gallon Isotemp and a 20 gallon Raritan hot water heater. The Isotemp lasted about 5 years before developing an internal leak. The Raritan lasted ten years before developing a leak in the heat exchanger coil.

I replaced the pair of them with a single Raritan, hoping that it will last another ten years.

YMMV,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom