Helm Chair Wobble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting, but sad. Is the tube swedged into the base in any way. Any adjustments possible. On my seat bases the tube is swedged, correct term??? And are rock solid. It looks like you also have some play in the top where the seat is mounted.

Call the manufacturer and tell/show them the problem. Clearly a manufacturing defect of the chair is new.

Call the manufacturer and tell/show them the problem. Clearly a manufacturing defect of the chair is new.

Yup, already sent an email with the video link. Going through the local store where I bought them. You'd think the quality control would be a little better. I'm worried it's not a defect but a design flaw.

Yup, already sent an email with the video link. Going through the local store where I bought them. You'd think the quality control would be a little better. I'm worried it's not a defect but a design flaw.

Called a feature...

Called a feature...

I'm just envisioning myself sitting in my brand new chair on the water and going "ka-chunk" to one side and then "ka-chunk" to the other side as the boat rolls in the waves, and it's getting me all worked up!!! :banghead:

I routinely weld a bead on new pedestals, but they’re the cheap West Marine product. I wouldn’t think it necessary on a pedestal that sells for $1600!

Back
Top Bottom