Head hunter excalibur Water pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liberty2015

Vessel Name
Liberty
Vessel Make
57 foot Halvorsen
Hi All,

I am considering a new fresh water pump for our vessel, we have multiple heads and fixtures through out the boat, wondering if anyone has had experience with Head Hunter Excalibur 24 volt pumps ?

Or does any one recommend an alternative that I should consider ?

Chris Liberty 2015

Head hunter is excellent ,

BUT if you have a good inverter a 120V house setup may be as good and far less expensive.

I believe they initially had issues but all those are now resolved, just make sure it's mounted horizontally. We have a Mach V and have been very happy with it.

Thanks Guy's for all the info . I think I will go with the Excalibur 24 volt.

Thanks Chris D Liberty

Not sure what the support for Headhunter is over there in Oz. But I'd personally put a lot of weight to what you can get parts and repair on locally. Headhunters are great, but there are other top quality 24 volt high capacity systems from brands like Groco, GalleyMaid, Gianeschi (sp?). Agree with others, that if your electrical setup permits, a 120/230 volt well pump works terrifically.

Not sure what the support for Headhunter is over there in Oz. But I'd personally put a lot of weight to what you can get parts and repair on locally. Headhunters are great, but there are other top quality 24 volt high capacity systems from brands like Groco, GalleyMaid, Gianeschi (sp?). Agree with others, that if your electrical setup permits, a 120/230 volt well pump works terrifically.

Ditto. Were I all the way down in OZ I'd look at other options. I chose headhunter since they in my hometown of I need support its a two minute ride up the road. The galley maid is a simple bullet proof system IMO.

Have placed the order, I went for the 240 volt Headhunter Mach 5. We have decided to keep the existing pump in the loop as a back pump if ever needed. It was slightly more expensive than the 24 volt one, but I am advised this is a superior pump.

Cheers Chris D Liberty

Have placed the order, I went for the 240 volt Headhunter Mach 5. We have decided to keep the existing pump in the loop as a back pump if ever needed. It was slightly more expensive than the 24 volt one, but I am advised this is a superior pump.

Cheers Chris D Liberty

They're a good pump. And I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

But you could have saved a nice piece of change, like $600-$700 bucks, and gotten the same performance with the Grundfos pump. Just say'n.

Chris
I see you have ordered already,which is fine. I have the 12V Headhunter Excalibur, and now its running very well. The PO had undersized the wire size providing power, and it frequently stopped with low voltage fault code. But now that's all fixed.

The only complaint I have with it is that it does not prime very well, particularly when source is my forward water tank.

thanks Brian for the tip, we are actually leaving the existing 24 volt pump in line so I can use that to prime the system if the new pump can't quite do it from our front tanks from a empty situation. when out we top the tanks daily with the watermaker, so this should not be an issue, but one we need to consider.

Chris D Liberty

The Headhunter is top flight kit, no question.

If you have 240 or 120 available, for you fellow TF'ers looking to save a few bucks and get great functionality from something designed to be used on land 24/7, the well pumps from Flojet (maker of my Craftsman) et al are great options. We loved having this paired with our DC GalleyMaid; if your plumbing is appropriately robust, these things can really "put out".

qAC9tRIyTp2FKO6oS-Xg2TyErixaa2A2UQ7Nsp78DWPDUpDTTGargmQq2AeCyNx-3nmj5-MjSaNrHEcjSQdTIV7UAiFu2fLDAzZsJiBjqqk_7K97Re9rtx-kGdzbEy93zV5gSk_iSbCMrKYY7dAhb1RaUDwOSYAo6h_bKkPqIt3aBFznhs0-cNvIDmqbJQ1V9t2zAEPiYmxXLTyZPptd4zz_z7ru1-OBP9HVra1oQy0ShyORnuDjwt0h63lGjMxCjvBHYLBQfQfn6Tr5PsJx07kjUTcIUSN4DYpxNOwypyTWlGojvZVTOStoNYT-yg3q_xnYVat4oS5vwjD1ZJoy8moq9VjU7d3tDSS_Ygb3-VU2ZQTDysHS71jLegccpCVJGgPgEveaeXkKtTT-RbDRtrv2hkOY-dTcDZR4CF8Nmbrpl2E9fRLpSpMGCZ9figHTbRPZP4pAny5YlWuCuOiHex6cmR6SzgXgqFF1_k_bXlCkHltDh5_Dxv-5k5VJt6e-6hk4ngpHXaWi38C2QG89SiEt7h4-uVcwqPTkz8B1AKg=w906-h679-no

Hi George,

thanks for the info and photo, your vessel is very well organised and neat, do you have any further photo's of the machinery spaces and interior. I love the Hatteras brand.

Cheers Chris D Liberty:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom