Fresh Water Hoses Single Crimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No, mine do not look like the one in the link. That must be the "double eared" style referenced by C lectric?

Mine has a more simple and aluminum look to it.

I have "suggested" to the dealer that the installed fitting system, as installed, is looking unreliable.

I plan to switch on the water heater and apply the pressure that the "city" water hook-up will provide, as suggested in an earlier post.

No, mine do not look like the one in the link. That must be the "double eared" style referenced by C lectric?

I have "suggested" to the dealer that the installed fitting system, as installed, is looking unreliable.

I plan to switch on the water heater and apply the pressure that the "city" water hook-up will provide, as suggested in an earlier post.

The real question is - Are all the 2012 Swift Trawler 44 s built the same as yours?

City water pressure can vary greatly. Maybe you could just pressure test your system to 100psi. you could fill teh system with water (probably already filled) then use an air compressor to bump it up to whatever you like.

Scott

The real question is - Are all the 2012 Swift Trawler 44 s built the same as yours?

Great point! I'll check the 2014's. If they are improved it may make my case.

City water pressure can vary greatly. Maybe you could just pressure test your system to 100psi. you could fill teh system with water (probably already filled) then use an air compressor to bump it up to whatever you like.

Scott

There is a pressure regulator but I do not know the limit. Gotta be higher than the little pump aboard. Another good point, though.

Geez, so much to learn…I love it!

Scott

Our city water system is regulated at the houses to 60 psi. My boat is regulated at 40 psi. I'd not do a 100 psi test as your system may not even if perfect fittings be able to take it. Water heaters, toilet valves, faucets, ice makers etc could be at risk with inordinately high pressure.

Your problem is simple, get the builder involved citing AYBC etc as you see fit. But I doubt the builder will be impressed with a system in tatters as recommended by internet chatter.

Most boats that permanently connect to city water have a regulator that is a few psi higher than the on board pump system. ....say around 50 psi

No telling when during a production run that a manufacturer changes entire systems...many things manufactured go by serial numbers or lot numbers because year groups are meaningless much of the time.

many boaters/RVers have a pressure gauge either temporary or built in just for this reason...some buy the $15 version at HD or Lowes that can screw on to a hose bib or go for a more permanent one.

Last edited:
Our city water system is regulated at the houses to 60 psi. ........... .

Only if you have a pressure regulator at your home.

Street pressure cannot be closely regulated because consumption varies widely. I had a problem at my house and bought a pressure gauge. Pressure was 95 PSI. It varies during the day.

As more houses are connected and water is used the pressure will drop.

Halftime during the super bowl is a good example.

Last edited:
Only if you have a pressure regulator at your home..

We do, all of neighbors too. Set to 60 PSI as recommended by the water company due to pressure swings similar to those you note.

We do, all of neighbors too. Set to 60 PSI as recommended by the water company due to pressure swings similar to those you note.

And why many people have regulators in their homes, boats and RVs.....

I bought one but haven't installed it yet. It's been a few years so there's a possibility I'll never get around to it. ;)

Assuming they are working correctly.

That's why the smart one's or the ones who care also have gauges....assuming the gauges are accurate.....

Those clamps are NOT pex. They are called 'O'clamps and made by OETIKER.
Some Other mfgs. may have copied them as I have seen some that did not have the Oetiker stamp but look for Oetiker.
Look them up. There are single ear and double ear clamps, plated steel AND SS
They must be set with a pincer type plier. The same plier can be used to cut them off.
I stopped using the single ear type years ago for the reason you are finding, leaks. I use only the double ear type now except for very tiny hoses, under 1/4" od

The clamps and pliers are cheap enough. They do require the proper sizing to the hose/tube or they will be too tight or loose.
They are good clamps and properly chosen and set will hold reliably in applications like this.

Part of the problem could be the nylon ftgs. If they are a light wall they may not like the clamp pressure especially those used in the hot water circuit, softening and collapsing with the heat and pressure.

Get the double ear type.

This should be warranty work.
Got a look today. C Lectric is correct as these are made by Oetiker. The hoses have "TRESSMARINE AL" printed on them

Attachments

• IMG_2641.jpg
    IMG_2641.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2642.jpg
    IMG_2642.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 169
Back
Top Bottom