Old 01-25-2015, 04:30 AM   #1
Veteran Member
City: Camano island wa
Vessel Name: Pert'Near
Vessel Model: hershine 37
Force 10 hydronic system?

I have a fuel fired hydronic heating system aboard our boat. I can't find a single number, sticker, or placard ect to tell me what exactly what I have. The nearest clue I have found is on a separate fault panel that simply says Force10. After extensive internet searches I cannot come up with anything that resembles the unit I have. The problem is the igniter has burned out. see attachment. The unit is 12v the ceramic piece is the size of a cig butt. It had a metal piece extruding from the end about 1/2 inch which has melted or broken off. I am pretty sure its a glow plug type rather than a sparker. Has anyone seen a igniter similar to this where would one go took find something close to it. Thanks in advance Click image for larger version

Name:	20150125_003749.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	36830

jetmech59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:43 AM   #2
City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Just a thought, go to the Seattle Boat Show now in progress. On the upper level east wing of Century Link arena are about half a dozen suppliers of hydronic heaters and related parts. Betcha an answer is there and even some safety tips for insuring your boiler is in good working order.

sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
City: Cedarville Michigan
Looks like a pilot thermocouple, same as used on a gas fireplace insert. As the pilot heats up the probe current flows thru
Egerbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote