Flybridge removal on a 36' Marine Trader Europa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billfromport

Vessel Name
Adventure
Vessel Make
1978 Marine Trader Europa
Hello all

Has anyone out there removed the Flybridge from a 36' marine trader Europa

I see two bolt at the rear of it holding it down. I know I have to disconnect the steering, throttle, shifter, and wiring (horrible design) but what if anything holds the flybridge down at the front.

The boat does have ac and the unit is under the front of the flybridge on the port side.

I hope to remove it so I can repair the desk under the seats. I hope to remove factory seats since it appears to be a big place for water to go in the cabin

Thanks

Bill

You remove the wood trim from around the lower front of the flybridge and you'll see a lot of screws which go thru the fiberglass of the bridge and into a raised lip molded into the bridge deck. Take copious notes on the wiring and label each wire, I removed my sons 36 MT flybridge for trucking a few years ago, and it took me a long afternoon. Good Luck Ben

I cast one vote against having a flybridge.

I love the flybridge and it will remain. The previous owner disconnected it. it is now reconnected. I used it this year and it great.

One last question; how do you remove the wood trim pieces to get to the screws?

I need to remove the wood anyway to refinish it an would like to know how you did it.

Thanks

Bill

I would think the wood trim pieces are screwed in with bungs covering the screw heads. Look for signs of bungs (plugs ) in the face of the trim , dig out the bung so you can get to the screw.

To remove the bungs you can try to drill a small hole in the middle of the bung and then screw a course thread screw into the bung. The bung should back out unless someone epoxied them in.

To remove the bungs you can try to drill a small hole in the middle of the bung and then screw a course thread screw into the bung. The bung should back out unless someone epoxied them in.

Or use a Forstner bit that's the same or slightly smaller than the bung size..

Hi All

Thanks for the info. I hope to work on her during the winter. I'm investigating as much as I can. Right now I've just had ankle fusion surgery so no skiing this winter but I may be working on the boat if the weather isn't too bad up here.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom