"Fantastic" Holding tank Additive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a friend that told me he is using Noflex Digestor to soak his feet in to get rid of his athletes foot.
Why do people do this kind of thing

Wifey B: Because he doesn't like the taste of Tang. :rofl:

I think we should all buy Tang stock, it's got to be cheap, then start a rumor that it cures athlete's foot and unblocks sewer systems. The price will soar and we'll all get rich.

Or maybe not.

New Forum Rule: If someone asks what to use to do anything, the answer is always Tang.

I think we should all buy Tang stock, it's got to be cheap, then start a rumor that it cures athlete's foot and unblocks sewer systems. The price will soar and we'll all get rich.

Or maybe not.

New Forum Rule: If someone asks what to use to do anything, the answer is always Tang.

Wifey B: Well, tang has been known to cure many things but then perhaps we're not referring to the same thing. I'm assuming you're still talking about the powdery fake juice. Maybe I'm talking about the Tang Dynasty or maybe it's got poon involved from the french for pu and tang instead of the french tain or maybe it's gone further through derivations and one should consult the urban dictionary.

Just as a warning to all the older, less up on slang, here. If you hear someone commenting, "I really need to get some tang this weekend" they're not talking about the orange powder. :eek:

Wifey B: Well, tang has been known to cure many things but then perhaps we're not referring to the same thing. I'm assuming you're still talking about the powdery fake juice. Maybe I'm talking about the Tang Dynasty or maybe it's got poon involved from the french for pu and tang instead of the french tain or maybe it's gone further through derivations and one should consult the urban dictionary.

Just as a warning to all the older, less up on slang, here. If you hear someone commenting, "I really need to get some tang this weekend" they're not talking about the orange powder. :eek:

or spend 30 seconds in the military and you get it.....then again.....

pretty sure like a lot of all great slang...it was around before you were born.... :D

Last edited:
"Take me to your leader."

(Said in a "Martian" sounding voice... A line from a '60s era Tang commercial.)

giphy.gif

.............. Just as a warning to all the older, less up on slang, here. If you hear someone commenting, "I really need to get some tang this weekend" they're not talking about the orange powder. :eek:

One would have to be extremely old not to have heard that term.

I think we should all buy Tang stock, it's got to be cheap, then start a rumor that it cures athlete's foot and unblocks sewer systems. ..............

And mix it in bottom paint for more effectiveness and longer life.

WifeyB, I love it when you speak French.

I bet it's at least as effective as red pepper.

Hold on...I was told Tang is only an effective bottom paint additive in space....NASA white paper from the 1970's.

Have YOU actually tried 2 cups of cayenne pepper in a
gallon of "soft" anti-fouling (copper) paint? I have.

Ted

Read about it in "Yachting" magazine, used in Florida, good results.

Copper paint was "degraded" up here, decided to try it. There was a
major improvement at next haulout.
Used it for years after on two different boats. Only reason not used this
time was that I had the yard do the job.

Ted

Greetings,
Mr. ps. "...only an effective bottom paint additive in space..." Um, ok, which way is up?

My rule of thumb is.... if in the saloon and it's now 0300 and the guests have left....

If I see the overhead and waves aren't lapping around me...that is up. If I see deck and I am dry, then that is down and I can go back to sleep...safety wise that is. :D

Last edited:

OK, but what size jar of Tang is minimum for using as an anchor?

-Chris

OK, but what size jar of Tang is minimum for using as an anchor?

-Chris

Tang jars for anchor use should be sized in pounds and the standard formula is 110% of your windlass capacity so you need to upgrade your windlass prior to making the change. And be sure to replace your anchor roller to accommodate the Tang jar.

Tang jars for anchor use should be sized in pounds and the standard formula is 110% of your windlass capacity so you need to upgrade your windlass prior to making the change. And be sure to replace your anchor roller to accommodate the Tang jar.

Got it, thanks. I think I'll shop for a stainless one...

-Chris

A question for the OP, Codger. Have you used or tried "Noflex?" Was just wondering if you had compared or went to Forget because No failed to meet your needs.
No, I haven't tried "NoFlex" so I have no real experience to compare the two products. I continue, however, to be completely satisfied with "Forget About It."

BTW, BandB....I apologize for the late response as I have a tendency to post on a subject and then "Forget About it." :socool:

No, I haven't tried "NoFlex" so I have no real experience to compare the two products. I continue, however, to be completely satisfied with "Forget About It."

BTW, BandB....I apologize for the late response as I have a tendency to post on a subject and then "Forget About it." :socool:

I understand that with age comes humor! :lol:

Although age is surely creeping up on me... unfortunately, so far, humor seems to lag. :facepalm: :D

Although, not meaning to hijack... I will say on a funny off note to this thread - the next four years may become quite humorous; in a myriad of unusually scary ways. :eek:

No need for apologies and was just curious. I have a feeling that people try either and are happy so have no reason to then try the other.

Read about it in "Yachting" magazine, used in Florida, good results.

Copper paint was "degraded" up here, decided to try it. There was a
major improvement at next haulout.
Used it for years after on two different boats. Only reason not used this
time was that I had the yard do the job.

Ted
So the obvious question is, why don't the bottom paint manufacturers add cayenne pepper in their commercial paints? :ermm:

I don't know. I bought it fresh from the bulk side of the grocery store
each year.

Ted

I have followed this thread from the start, and about 2 weeks ago I went ahead and bought a bottle. I have to say, I am amazed that this stuff really works (for me anyway). Prior to using, a flush would result in an odor that was embarrassing outside the boat. Now, after 2 weeks use, I intentionally flush and run outside and nothing at all! Just the clean smell of the harbor (well, as good as a man made harbor can!).
I am impressed!

I have followed this thread from the start, and about 2 weeks ago I went ahead and bought a bottle. I have to say, I am amazed that this stuff really works (for me anyway). Prior to using, a flush would result in an odor that was embarrassing outside the boat. Now, after 2 weeks use, I intentionally flush and run outside and nothing at all! Just the clean smell of the harbor (well, as good as a man made harbor can!).
I am impressed!

A bottle of Tang?

Back
Top Bottom