Old 10-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
"Fantastic" Holding tank Additive

I know there will be some who doubt what I'm about to post and that's OK with me! For years I have been seeking the ultimate holding tank treatment and I think I've finally found it! "Forget About It" has proven to be the best I've ever encountered. Just follow the instructions on the bottle and "Forget About It!" Never put those sweet smelling or CLR type chemicals that kill the good bacteria in your tank. For a 40 gal tank, just add 2 ounces after each pump out & Forget About It! (Make sure there is sufficient water in the tank for the breeding of the bacteria.)It attacks the sludge on the bottom of the tank and converts all solid waste to water. The longer it's in the tank, the better it works. Where my tank gauge used to show 2 lights after pumping, it now shows one light. (Empty) The difference? Sludge is gone! I have no affiliation with the company....I'm just a very happy customer!

Attached Thumbnails
Forget About It.png  
Old 10-17-2016, 11:43 AM   #2
Guru

City: .
According to the following brochure, overall chemical composition shows such as natural organic probiotics, 100% biodegradable to make them cleaner & safe to use. It looks as it's doing well.

http://tanktechsrx.com/wp-content/up...B_Brochure.pdf
Yahoo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Can hardly wait to hear the Headmistress's opinion of this one!

"When life gets hard, eat marshmallows”.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:55 PM   #4
Guru

City: Pender Harbour, BC
Vessel Name: Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Model: Custom Aluminum 52
Yes, if Peggy approves I'll try it. Funny that it only needs water, unless one of the byproducts is oxygen...
Old 10-17-2016, 03:17 PM   #5
Guru

City: Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Vessel Name: Moonstruck
Vessel Model: Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
Yes, if Peggy approves I'll try it. Funny that it only needs water, unless one of the byproducts is oxygen...
Wouldn't oxygen cause the aerobic (good) bacteria to thrive? That could be the key.
https://moonstruckblog.wordpress.com/
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:34 PM   #6
Guru

@ Xsbank
@ Moonstruck

Apparently, and I mean apparently, these are decomposer aerobic bacterias. Decomposer bacterias break down dead organic matter.
Aerobic bacterias need water and / or oxygen in order to live and grow.

The principle of decomposer aerobic bacteria is a good one. Under this scenario, only a comprehensive test (after validation by Peggie) will tell.

P.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:24 PM   #7
Guru

City: Gig Harbor
Vessel Name: Kinship
Vessel Model: North Pacific 43
The key is to get enough oxygen into the system. It either needs to be added via a vent of some kind, or the treatment needs to provide O2 to the tank itself. However, if it provides the O2, then it would become LESS effective over time and not more so.

Yeah, curious to see what Peggy says.

Dave
SPOT page
dhays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #8
Guru

City: Pahrump, NV
Vessel Name: Pairadice
Vessel Model: Sold Selene 47
We just had all the sanitation lines replaced on Pairadice, would be nice not having to do that nasty job anytime soon. Gonna follow this thread.
Crusty Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post
The key is to get enough oxygen into the system. It either needs to be added via a vent of some kind, or the treatment needs to provide O2 to the tank itself. However, if it provides the O2, then it would become LESS effective over time and not more so.

Yeah, curious to see what Peggy says.
Aerobic bacterias are requiring minimal Oxygen & producing low dioxid * compared to the free volume of a half-filed holding tank. Moreover some are very good in separating oxygen and hydrogen from water then get their energy needs by breaking down & absorbing organic molecules.

This, however, is the theory. Cellular life is complex and relies on the presence & activity of several parameters. It is the overall result that matters to us.

Dhays, if I may, her correct name is Peggie

* Sorry for editing due to translation French to English of chemical forms. (in French, O2 = two oxygen atoms).
Old 10-17-2016, 06:13 PM   #10
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilou View Post
Dhays, if I may, her correct name is Peggie

* Sorry for editing due to translation French to English of chemical forms. (in French, O2 = two oxygen atoms).
Yes you may correct me. (Sorry Peggie)

Your translation is great. In English O2 is also two oxygen atoms forming an oxygen molecule.

Dave
SPOT page
Old 10-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #11
Guru

City: Palm Coast
Vessel Name: Southerly
Vessel Model: 1986 Marine Trader 36' Sundeck
I'll follow this thread too. I just had a pump out and only slammed into the dock once! Yikes! Apparently I did not know I had to keep a switch on for the bow thrusters to work. Jeez, so much to learn.

I would love to use this product.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:17 PM   #12
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
I'll follow this thread too. I just had a pump out and only slammed into the dock once! Yikes! Apparently I did not know I had to keep a switch on for the bow thrusters to work. Jeez, so much to learn.

I would love to use this product.
You will still have to run into the dock for the pump out.

With an adequately vented holding tank, I have had great success with Raritan's KO. With an inadequately vented tank like I have now, I have had good success with Odorloss and recently No-flex.

I still want to add sweet tank bubbler to my holding tank.

Dave
SPOT page
Old 10-17-2016, 11:38 PM   #13
Guru

City: Miami Florida
Vessel Name: Possum
Vessel Model: Ellis 28
Noflex is another treatment that has good reviews when it comes to breaking up sludge.
It doesn't add aerobic bacteria to the mix but releases oxygen to encourage the growth of the aerobic bacteria that is already there.

The fellow who makes it is a member of this forum. I expect he'll be along to give a better account of how it works.
Zaal,Noflex Digestor, sewage treatment,Holding Tank Treatment,Septic system treatment,Head treatment,boat holding tank treatment ,holding tank waste treatments,RV holding tank treatments,boat head treatments,RV head treatments,
Old 10-18-2016, 05:09 AM   #14
Guru

City: Narragansett Bay
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 36 Classic #715
Noflex

FWIW I purchased Noflex based on what I read on this forum. We had Lots of odor from the vent when pumping the head. The Noflex cured it almost immediately.
Cigatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:50 AM   #15
TF Site Team

City: Seneca Lake NY
Vessel Name: Bacchus
Vessel Model: MS 34 HT Trawler
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhays View Post

I still want to add sweet tank bubbler to my holding tank.
Dave
Take a look at my Bacchus DIY Holding Tank Aerator - I have started using NoFlex and the combo with a bubbler has really helped our odor problems with a poorly vented and mostly inaccessible holding tank.
Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:13 AM   #16
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Hop Car wrote;
"The fellow who makes it is a member of this forum. I expect he'll be along to give a better account of how it works."

Perhaps not. The thread title views as just "Fantastic". Why would anyone want to view this thread w nothing to indicate what the thread is about? Dos'nt look like too many characters so it may not be Codger's fault. Many other thread titles on this forum don't even give a clue as to what the thread's about. Those threads probably don't get many views.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #17

City: Vancouver
Vessel Name: Sea Q
Vessel Model: Westport Mc Queen
Yes I'm here (Noflex) have been talking to Peggie and have sent the "fantastic" link to her.
Sea Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #18
Guru

City: La Conner Wa.
Vessel Name: Sea Fever
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
I would 100% recommend Noflex to anyone. I have been using it for several years. We just took possession of our new to us boat last week, and there was some smell in the staterooms below decks, even though all the hoses had been changed last year. Noflex had it corrected in about two days. If you live in the Northwest, you can get it in Seattle at Marine Sanitation & Supply 1-800-624-9111
Russell Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:49 PM   #19
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
We recommend "Noflex" as well. Can't speak as to "Forget About It." i did forget the name and had to look it up.

A question for the OP, Codger. Have you used or tried "Noflex?" Was just wondering if you had compared or went to Forget because No failed to meet your needs.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #20
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Dave
Take a look at my Bacchus DIY Holding Tank Aerator - I have started using NoFlex and the combo with a bubbler has really helped our odor problems with a poorly vented and mostly inaccessible holding tank.
I have looked at that a number of times. I am impressed with what you did and have considered a roll your own as you did.

Dave
SPOT page