Emergency bilge pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's just the little brother of bigger Honda trash pumps....

I wouldn't bother with the propane either.

Quick disconnect for the gas tank that can be stored above decks and a 3 inch pump will blow your mind on how much water it can move...

If you don't run a big genset all the time....something like what cardude posted or its bigger brothers is basically it with the Rule 8000 a distant second. Maybe some submersibles off a big inverter...but I wouldn't do it that way.

So, you are saying the gas powered trash pump is the best option?

The trash pump is just really an attachment....but the highest volume pump I have personally experienced.

Whether electric if you have the juice available, belted to the engine, diesel or gas powered...each pump in about the same. Gas portable winds up being the cheapest unless you have a pro setup on your engine that could direct drive to just a pump body.

Being portable is handy having a fixed mounting position with overboard discharge is nice. Combine the two and it is hard to beat. Diesel is nice but then so e little ones can be pretty finicky.if not then a diesel would be even better.

ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1423327594.300066.jpg

http://powerequipment.honda.com/pumps/models/wt30

That is the pump and the link takes you to the specs. I have a few at work and at roughly 300 GPM they will remove the water from your bilge without bothering fixing the hole in your hull, within reason of course. Solid objects to a little over 1" pass right through without damaging the unit.

The pump could be separated from the engine and mounted to an existing one if you can engineer the mount and somehow clutch it to turn only when called for. Seems a bit overkill though in my opinion for anything but salvage work.

Back
Top Bottom