Electro scan and head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gulfstar

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Alexia K
Vessel Make
Grand Banks CL36
Hi All I purchased a boat that has sit for awhile and need some help with the Raritan Crown head and Electro Scan. First off nothing was working and the bowl was empty. I checked to see if the system was getting voltage and discovered that the main fuse was blown (35 amp) I replaced this and checked to see if the ES was getting voltage and it was but the control plate by the head was not lit up. I pressed the button anyway and heard a low sound coming from the Es for about 10 seconds then nothing. I then checked the voltage and had blown the fuse again. After looking at the ES manual I find out that it needs a 50 amp fuse but know there are other problems. 1. The seacocks are open but no flow to the head. 2. Is the Crown head frozen? Can I rebuild the head or should I consider replacing the head? 3. Why doesn't the control panel even light up? yes I checked the fuses on top of the ES. Please Help! Cheers Brian

Brian,

You have a full Raritan system so give them a call. Their customer service is always first rate.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raritan[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]530 Orange Street[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Millville, NJ 08332 USA[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 856-825-4900[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]or[/FONT]​

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3101 SW Second Avenue [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315 USA [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Phone: 954-525-0378[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You can also find technical information on their website.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This will be your fastest and best way to troubleshoot the system.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Larry[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]M/V Boomarang[/FONT]

Larry is right, if you want to fix this system talk to Raritan.

That toilet is a very old model and I would recommend up grading to a newer design rather than spending money on it.

The new Raritan Marine Elegance toilets are quiet and reliable.
Raritan Engineering | Marine Elegance

Is your treatment system an Electro Scan or the older Lectra San? If it is the older Lectra San, replace it. If it is the newer Electro Scan, fix it.

Back
Top Bottom