DIY composting toilet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont see how it seperiates the Urine from the compost.

Unless this is done all you have is a pail of waste , not a composting toilet which is a system.

I don't need one, but suppose one is cruising down the ICW on the trip from New England to the Keys just what happens to the "composted Material"? Do marinas accept it, does it go into a dumpster ,spread over the lawn, is it dumped over the side. If one anchors out just haul it ashore and dump it? What happens to the "new deposits" at the end of a cruise?
I am sure it is great fertilizer, but doubt many waterfront land owners will welcome it being spread in their flower beds.
Steve W

Plastic bag , in the dumpster , or any wooded area.

Not in the vegi garden.

Any "new deposit" is quite dry after 8 hours so is far less problem in the dumpster than a pile of pampers ,

from infants or geezers.

The whole idea of a composting toilet and transporting "dry" waste makes me love my holding tank....even when it has been sitting for awhile and I've forgotten to add chemicals.

The whole idea of a composting toilet and transporting "dry" waste makes me love my holding tank....even when it has been sitting for awhile and I've forgotten to add chemicals.

Yah and with my luck I'd snag a nail on the dock, the bag would rip open and spill everything including "new deposits" right in front of the marina's outdoor restaurant.
Steve W

Yah and with my luck I'd snag a nail on the dock, the bag would rip open and spill everything including "new deposits" right in front of the marina's outdoor restaurant.

Now, that's funny! :horse:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom