distance of sea strainer from seacock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsong

Guru
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4550 Pilothouse
I want to move the sea strainer for our HVAC intake! *Previous owner mounted it in an irritating location and it is in the way and prohibits me from putting down one section of the engine room floor panels. *Right now it is within about 18" of the seacock. *I want to move it to the other side of a bulkhead, either outboard of the fuel tank bulk head it sits next to or into the forward bilge where the actual HVAC water pump is located. *That is where I would really like to put it as eventually I want to cut out the fuel tank bulk head to open things up (ok, and I am sure that at some point, like all old trawlers, the fuel tanks will need replacing). *If I move it near the actual HVAC water pump the sea strainer will be about 2' from the seacock. *I see no issues with this but thought I'd see what TF has to say.

2 ft is hardly an issue IF you are using the full sized hose the sea cock and strainer are built for.

Should be fine.

Thanks- sea strainer and hoses are all large (same size as engine intake) so should be fine.

Yup, the new location should be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom