Combo washer dryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could you explain the Tropics. It would seem like it would be even more beneficial there.

In the Tropics we have been at anchor 99% of the time. Clothes hanging to dry in the pilot house are dry in a few hours. Running the generator to run a 110v or 220 dryer for an hour is something we prefer not doing. As I mentioned we usually run the 110v washer cycle in the morning first thing. This is before the morning generator run. We run the washer for 20 minutes using the inverter and then turn on the generator for 30/40 minutes to charge batteries, heat water and finish the wash.

In the Tropics we have been at anchor 99% of the time. Clothes hanging to dry in the pilot house are dry in a few hours. Running the generator to run a 110v or 220 dryer for an hour is something we prefer not doing. As I mentioned we usually run the 110v washer cycle in the morning first thing. This is before the morning generator run. We run the washer for 20 minutes using the inverter and then turn on the generator for 30/40 minutes to charge batteries, heat water and finish the wash.

I had no idea how long they'd take to dry.

We have a vented Splendide in our RV and had one in a prior boat. Yes the loads are small, but we don’t have to lug them up the dock and wait around for them to be done and then carry them back to the boat. Overall if you use them per specs, the vented ones work very well.

Back
Top Bottom